Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Display problem with Himalaya Mesh By Holger/Ferranti

Hi Joaquin,grey rectangles means the bgl file that calls the photoreal textures is active but can't find the actual textures.You should have two entries for the Himalayas in the scenery library, one for the mesh - "mesh Himalayas by Ferranti & Sandmann" - and one for the photoreal textures: "Himalaya Mt Everest photoreal by Holger Sandmann". The mesh folder should have a scenery subfolder with the "mesh_".bgl files in them and the photoreal folder a scenery subfolder with the "Mt_Everest_photoreal.bgl" file and a texture subfolder with 2,460 bmp files.Hope that helps. Cheers, Holger

Unzipped and installed the files directly to Addon Sceneryand entries are the highest possible (at end of scenery.cfg)When I fly over the areas the mesh displays ok but the areais all grey and displays no textures.No other mesh files for the area installed with exception ofNepal Airports scenery.Any pointers about what could be causing problem would beappreciated.Thanks

Thanks for your reply Holger.Let me explain.I downloaded the following files from the library:fs_him_01.zipfs_him_02.zip (with textures)fs_him_b1.zipfs_him_b2.zipAfter unzipping them 4 directories where created.One of them contained mesh and photoreal textures.I simply added them individually to the scenery config but still get the grey tiles. Cannot think what I have done wrong.Since there entries for each directory and also theFS9.cfg has been altered to display LOD10 mesh.Should I perhaps not have installed all 4 files?Thanks

HolgerAll sorted. I had used Flightsim Manager to install thembut Mt_Everest_photoreal.bgl was placed in the landclassfolder by this program, that explains why things weren't working.Apologies for inconvenience and thanks for a great scenery.What a difference it makes.Thanks