Sign in to follow this  
mihalich

copilot still missing frequency changes in 2.2.1.8

Hi Dave,

I know you said you fixed a bug causing the co-pilot to not switch frequencies in 2.2.1.8...but i just flew 2 routes, from KLAS to KDEN, and then KDEN to KORD.  During both flights, The copilot missed probably 75% of the frequency hand offs to the new frequency.  A couple of times, the controller read off the new frequency, and the copilot said it back (correctly), and then the controller read it again like the copilot read it back incorrectly, at which point the copilot didn't respond.  In all cases where it didn't do the hand off, i changed the freq manually, and as soon as i did that the copilot contacted the controller with the correct information.

It seemed like once i got outside the area of the departure airport, that's when it stopped picking up the freq changes.  But it did do a couple.  Once i got inside the destination airport area it picked up all the freq changes.

I haven't tried again with 2.2.1.9, but i didn't see any references to bug fixes for this in 2.2.1.9.

I don't know what you would need to help debug this issue.  If there's something i can do or give you, let me know what you need.

Using latest XP-11 version.

Thanks,

Joe

Btw, full disclosure, i do use the XP-11 ground speed simulation multiplier to speed up the flights.  But, when i hear the control hand us off, i always bring the simulation back to 1x speed so the copilot can respond.  Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

2219 does have some changes to address this bug that remained in 2218.  There will always be occasional missed frequency changes because of timing issues in how frequencies are changed and the interaction through FSUIPC that must happen every time a frequency change occurs.  But it should be better in 2219.

Using the higher groundspeed simulation should not affect the individual frequency change or call.  The main issue with it is that it can cause multiple calls to occur on top of each other as many calls rely on elapsed time as one of the parameters for being triggered.  Usually you can do 4x or even 6x safely while in cruise flight.  Departures and Arrivals are best done at 1x.

Dave, something I noticed on this subject that might help find the source of the bug...

For me, at least, the missed co-pilot freq changes seem to occur when the new frequency has a zero just to the left of decimal point.  For example:

134.70  no problem

125.00 no problem

123.85 no problem

120.15 frequency change doesn't happen

Thanks.  I noticed that too.  If you look at the Speech Window, his read-back, that sounds good, is interpreted as "One Two Point Eight Five", leaving out the Zero...which of course is the wrong frequency.

I've made some changes that hopefully will let the copilot change frequencies even if  he is not understood by  the speech recognition engine.

Thanks,

Dave