Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

How is the new Virtualcol CRJ series pack?

Bill, how does the VC look? I haven't seen any fs9 video showing the VC. In FSX it looks pretty good, is the FS9 version comparable?

Cheers,

Sascha

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, meesterlijk said:

I agree on that.

Im a fs9 user, Im a simmer who likes busy airports with up to date ai-traffic and sometimes I spend more times updating the traffic than flying. Everyone has their flaws ;-)

I also have so much addons on my sim, the most important reason that I stay with fs9. It runs great, beautiful framerates also on busy airports and indeed no oom's or ctd's. I think my pc can handle fsx or p3d but I spent so much time tweaking fs9 that I will stay with it for a long time. 

I like busy airports too and this is another reason why I like using FS9 for some of my airliner flying, apart from the fact that it runs great. In FS9 I can max out the AI traffic with no worries but in FSX I have to have the traffic sliders right down, particularly if using something resource intensive like a PMDG aircraft, and when I visit a major airport I am lucky to see one or two other planes there - but its either that or risk OOMs! So for this reason I too am hanging on to good old FS9!

Bill

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, sascha said:

Bill, how does the VC look? I haven't seen any fs9 video showing the VC. In FSX it looks pretty good, is the FS9 version comparable?

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

I think it is fair to say that the virtual cockpit in the CRJ is perhaps VCol's best VC to date in appearance and, although it is still not quite up to the standard of what you would find with iFly or PMDG VCs, it is still visually pretty good and feels quite immersive. From a visual viewpoint the information placards in the cockpit are blurry which I find annoying but otherwise the textures used are quite good. I would say that the VCs are pretty comparable in both FSX and FS9 but as I mentioned in a previous post, my main issue related to function of the FMC/AP.

Regards,

Bill

• Upvote 1