Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[23JUL] What to Expect This Week

Captains,

We anticipate this week will bring a last round of major changes, and then everything should calm back down once again- which I think all of us are looking forward to.

Here is what you can expect;

• 737, 747 and 777 product lines will all get another round of installer replacements in order to wrap up changes triggered by the wide array of updates we have pushed over the past two months.  We anticipate that this will be the last round of mandatory installer updates, as we finally have stability where we want it and feel that mixing base installation and micro update processes will not create confusion for customers and tech support.
  • 747 and 777 product lines are getting an update to provide additional debugging diagnostic information to assist technical support in solving problem reports.
  • 747 and 777 product lines are getting some additional functionality to allow affected customers to gracefully avoid the "captains pfd popup CTD" .
  • All product lines are getting a bit of cleanup and tweaking based on our work of the past couple of weeks.

For those eagerly awaiting the 737-600/700 expansion pack, we have had a hard time getting that product stable enough to release to you- not because of the product itself but because we keep making changes to the base package that then have to be tested again in the pass-through to the 600/700.  It sounds simple enough, but when you consider how much testing we have going on with the 747, 77L, 77W, NGX8900, NGX6700 and DC-6...   Both the development team and the beta team has had to load-shed and set things in priority order- else we risk giving you more headaches than you really deserve.  I have set the ETA for the 737-600/700 to "before 31JUL" in order to get it on the far side of this weeks updates for our own sanity- and in hopes of avoiding having to move the date again.  (This-  right here- is why we don't give release dates... Sometimes you just can't see the things that will pop up and kill your timetable at the last minute.  It is frustrating on our end too...)

I've mentioned a few times just how much work has gone on here at PMDG as we have pushed all of these product lines out to you with new updates and compatibility for P3D v4- and we are nearly finished- but we are definitely seeing stress cracks in the workflow over the past month- with some needless errors being made for no other reason than task saturation and fatigue.

Thank you very much for your patience as we get these last few updates completed- and then we can all get back to simming and the development team can get back to wrapping up the 747-8 for beta testing!

• Upvote 50

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you for taking the time to communicate all this to us. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Some developers should learn from you that most buyers don’t ask for exact date.

Just ETA and, above all, information is all we need.

Silence is not a good customer service and selling high price professional products means giving professional customer service.

Looking forward to fly your 3 masterpieces in v4.

• Upvote 4

Rock on

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

Thank you very much for your patience as we get these last few updates completed- and then we can all get back to simming and the development team can get back to wrapping up the 747-8 for beta testing!

I feel fairly confident that nobody here would hold it against you if you all took a couple of months vacation before going back to the grind on the 747-8...

• Upvote 1

Mark Fox

Thanks for the new schedule / time frame for PMDG 737 / 777 8900/6700 products.

I just uninstalled all PMDG products for FSX ans P3D V3/V4 .. will wait for the final products to complete final debug / stability testing / updates then do fresh download / installs.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

What is the 737-600/700 expansion pack you refer to, Robert? I already own this for the NGX. Is it additional models, like a Wedgetail or BBJ? Just a bit confused.

10 minutes ago, mcbellette said:

What is the 737-600/700 expansion pack you refer to, Robert? I already own this for the NGX. Is it additional models, like a Wedgetail or BBJ? Just a bit confused.

It's the P3Dv4 update

Robert, will there still be a BBJ, or even a Wedgetail or other 737 variants that I think (I might be wrong) were promised a fair while ago?

Thanks for the heads up Robert, and thanks to the PMDG team for all the hard work in getting the updates to us all.

I'm sure we all appreciate the detailed communications too, don't get that sort of support very often!

5 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Thank you Robert , 

But I find it strange that there is absolutely NO mention of the long awaited X Plane 11 update to the DC 6 , Is the X Plane DC 6 in the cold now until after the 747 -8 ?

P3D V4 gets released and updates out almost immediately but X Plane 11 more than 6 months and there is NO word on the update  . .. Strange 

Lawrence McDonald

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Xiropillo said:

Looking forward to fly your 3 masterpieces in v4

4... they have 4 masterpieces :D

Has the fs2crew locked RAAS part been added back already? Or is it for a future update?