Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[23JUL] What to Expect This Week

57 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Copy/paste from addresses to similar questions but it addresses yours as well:

As one of the guys who got the updater off the ground as a concept, I'm extremely proud of the functionality that it offers, and the improvements that we've made to it (thanks, in large part, to feedback we see here). All the same, there are certain points where we need to ask that you all download a full installer. Given that we have the capability to use either avenue, it shouldn't be too much of a logical jump to assume that, when we ask you to do the full installer - uninstall - reinstall procedure, there's a reason behind that.

In this case, our installers have received some pretty extensive changes that make your installs more bulletproof and error resistant. A solid base install, of course, yields more success for the Updater. As RSR mentioned in the latest pinned thread, we're really trying to set a clean baseline to work from.

We get that it's frustrating. I'd love to use the updater to get some of these updates out to you. Given the nature of the type of update, that's not realistically something that we can do, which is why we asked you to go through grabbing the full installer again. We would not have asked you to do so otherwise. We, of course, appreciate your understanding, and hope that you can see that we're doing so for all of your best interests, and for the benefit of supporting all of you.

It's a pleasure to feel every single time I visit the forum that we, the customers, are dealing with pure professionals. Gracias PMDG!!!!! After using your airplanes for more a decade now whitout a single issue, this is absolutely the only thing that I have to say: Gracias!

...and waiting for your next bird :ph34r:

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

7 hours ago, zasavage said:

Thank you Robert , 

But I find it strange that there is absolutely NO mention of the long awaited X Plane 11 update to the DC 6 , Is the X Plane DC 6 in the cold now until after the 747 -8 ?

P3D V4 gets released and updates out almost immediately but X Plane 11 more than 6 months and there is NO word on the update  . .. Strange 

Lawrence McDonald

From this thread: 

New Item, 20JUL17:  With the release of the PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster in FSX/P3D- we will be focused on those platforms and making certain that the DC-6 is delivering as a stable, predictable product, just as we did after the initial XPlane release in 2016.  Once we are through the release period, we will evaluate what product changes to roll back to the XPlane version of the DC-6 and on what timeframe we may make those changes.  We have no timeline for such decision making as yet, nor do we have a timeline for making the changes that are subject to that decision.  We will post more information here when we have it available.

-----------------------------------

That is a direct copy and paste. So there is information there, they just dont have a timeline.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Copy/paste from addresses to similar questions but it addresses yours as well:

As one of the guys who got the updater off the ground as a concept, I'm extremely proud of the functionality that it offers, and the improvements that we've made to it (thanks, in large part, to feedback we see here). All the same, there are certain points where we need to ask that you all download a full installer. Given that we have the capability to use either avenue, it shouldn't be too much of a logical jump to assume that, when we ask you to do the full installer - uninstall - reinstall procedure, there's a reason behind that.

In this case, our installers have received some pretty extensive changes that make your installs more bulletproof and error resistant. A solid base install, of course, yields more success for the Updater. As RSR mentioned in the latest pinned thread, we're really trying to set a clean baseline to work from.

We get that it's frustrating. I'd love to use the updater to get some of these updates out to you. Given the nature of the type of update, that's not realistically something that we can do, which is why we asked you to go through grabbing the full installer again. We would not have asked you to do so otherwise. We, of course, appreciate your understanding, and hope that you can see that we're doing so for all of your best interests, and for the benefit of supporting all of you.

I appreciate your consideration (and patience) to reply time and time again to people asking questions that have already been answered multiple times. 

And yet I feel disappointed about having asked several times about something and not once being replied to. Specifically: RAAS module. 

1 hour ago, Raven9000 said:

Specifically: RAAS module. 

Work in progress. Not  much to report.

Dan Downs KCRP

14 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

747 and 777 product lines are getting some additional functionality to allow affected customers to gracefully avoid the "captains pfd popup CTD" .

I'm fascinated by this - out of curiosity, has a work around has been found, or have PMDG and LM resolved some of their differences regarding access to source code?

David Porrett

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Thanks for the response and understand the necessity.

What about the DC-6 update for XP11?!? ...I paid good money for that so expect it to be updated for XP11 ASAP, especially since the 7** lines are almost fully complete for v4. I'd like to think (and expect) this will be done before any other projects are undertaken.

with thanks 

21 minutes ago, Davidrebolton said:

What about the DC-6 update for XP11?!? ...I paid good money for that so expect it to be updated for XP11 ASAP, especially since the 7** lines are almost fully complete for v4. I'd like to think (and expect) this will be done before any other projects are undertaken.

with thanks 

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

10 hours ago, zasavage said:

Thank you Robert , 

But I find it strange that there is absolutely NO mention of the long awaited X Plane 11 update to the DC 6 , Is the X Plane DC 6 in the cold now until after the 747 -8 ?

P3D V4 gets released and updates out almost immediately but X Plane 11 more than 6 months and there is NO word on the update  . .. Strange 

Lawrence McDonald

Lawrence,

There is nothing to find strange, if you take the time to read the information that we provide, rather than simply diving in and hoping to start a pissing contest because your own personal agenda.

It is clear by the tone and your choice of words that you feel your needs should come first and foremost.  I am sorry to have to be the one that introduces you to disappointment- but we have been describing our agenda for the XPlane DC-6 since...  2013...  (So this is new information to you- I understand!)  As described many times previously and in the XPlane update at the top of this forum, our development agenda was originally planned as a release for Xplane, then a release for FSX/P3D, then an evaluation of changes that happened to the product during conversion and when/how to work them back into the XPlane version.

Now I know the thing has been out for 72 hours in FSX/P3D, but on the day it released I updated the XPlane users thread to reinforce that our originally stated plan remains in effect and that we need a bit of time to collect ourselves and evaluate as previously discussed in 2013.

As for your flailing points regarding conversion to XPlane11:  In 2013 when we laid our our agenda, XPL11 didn't exist.  We learned about it around the same time the community learned about it because we are outsiders to the XPL "inner sanctum" and since the DC-6 released half a year prior to XPL11 and our development team had by then switched to working on the version for FSX/P3D, it is sort of obvious why we haven't worked XPL11 into our agenda just yet.  Prepar3D, aside from having a market size staggeringly larger than XPL, was known to have v4 coming for almost 18 months before it released to customers...  That sort of developer awareness is a huge advantage to companies like ours when you consider that many products take years to develop.

This is a business, Lawrence, and decisions on how and where to invest our resources are made from the standpoint of 'what is best for the business and the team" not "what does Lawrence want us to do for him this week."

I hope you can understand this.

• Upvote 8

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

1 hour ago, Davidrebolton said:

with thanks 

Dave,

I'm curious: Do you talk that way to the staff in a restaurant? 

Might want to refrain from doing so.  It is a good way to get someone to spit in your food if you speak to them as if you own them and have a right to tell them what to do....  :cool:

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, Raven9000 said:

Has the fs2crew locked RAAS part been added back already? Or is it for a future update?

Carlos,

I forgot to mention that specifically in my post at the top of this thread:  YES.  That is actually one of the major changes for all three product lines is that the installer will now carry and place the PMDG licensed version of RAAS into Prepar3D v4.

Sorry I forgot to mention it.  Was one of the high points of the post.  :laugh:

• Upvote 6

Just now, rsrandazzo said:

Carlos,

I forgot to mention that specifically in my post at the top of this thread:  YES.  That is actually one of the major changes for all three product lines is that the installer will now carry and place the PMDG licensed version of RAAS into Prepar3D v4.

:laugh:

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

This is a business, Lawrence, and decisions on how and where to invest our resources are made from the standpoint of 'what is best for the business and the team" not "what does Lawrence want us to do for him this week."

I think you should put that up on the agenda on your weekly meetings (if you have those). Just for chuckles. ;)

Karsten,

You know...  I think I shall.  :biggrin:

The team will probably throw things at me.  But that happens most meetings anyway. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Carlos,

Hello Mr. Randazzo

This is very good news. I have version 1.10.8395 installed of the base T7 and version 1.10.8386 installed of the ext. Do I need to update to include the RAAS or is that included in those versions? If I need newer version do I need to do a complete reinstallation or can I use the center to do so. The versions mentioned above have been installed as a complete new reinstall.

Can I somewhere in the installed folder find a version change log?

Lastly but not least: I am an embedded software developer my self, so I know how much work you guys put into it and appreciate it very very much, thank you for your effort. (If you need help please let me know ;-)  )

Br

Thomas