As an i7 is out of my budget, would a pc with these specs be good enough to run p3d v4 with some addons such as the NGX AND orbx global?

Processor

• Intel Core i5-7600K Kaby Lake Processor (Overclocked to up to 4.4GHz)
• 6MB L3 Cache

Motherboard

• Gigabyte Z270-Gaming K3 Motherboard

Solid State Drive

• 250GB SK Hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Hard Drive

• Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Software

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Graphics

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Graphics 

Thanks

I would probably suggest stepping up to a GTX 1070 if you can afford it. It has 8gb of VRAM. There is also a GTX 1060 6gb model which you could consider but it may be a bit on the edge?

What sort of RAM are you looking at?

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

I agree with Johnny about the video card.  I'll also add that you might consider a separate SSD for P3D (I'm assuming the SSD you listed above is for your OS).  It wouldn't give you more FPS, but it will speed up loading times.  If you add a traffic app (like MyTraffic6a) and additional scenery add-ons (like Orbx and FSDT/FB airports), your load times will get longer and longer.  The SSD would help that go a bit faster.  Definitely not necessary, but you might appreciate the faster loading times.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

well I don't know what size of vram is best, but I'll definitely check out the gtx1070 or the 6gb version of the 1060. Also an external SSD. 

thank you