Sign in to follow this  
Stingray

Sudden power loss during climb and electrical problem

6 minutes ago, RonnieDuck said:

Dear captains

I had simmular problems as discribed above. Problems with idle, engine kept running rought and lost of elec power. After take off I had a lost of power. 

So what did I do, like a real FE I started to read the meters. I notice that my fuel flow and pressure was very low, even with pumps at HIGH. 

Looking at the mixture handles, they where all on auto rich. Very strange!

Than I looked at my hardware.

I am using saitek throttle levers. 4 for engine throttles, 1 for RPM and 1 for....... Mixture.

The saitek mixture lever, I don't use it because I use the one in the VC. Whem I moved my saitek mixture lever, al problems disappeard.

The mixture control in the DC-6 only has 3 settings, idle cutoff, auto lean and auto rich. It's not an axis so don't assign an axis to mixture while using the DC-6.

6 minutes ago, RonnieDuck said:

After this I clicked enable auto mixture in FSX. I do not no if this is the right setting for the PMDG model, but it works!

Don't do this.

3 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

The mixture control in the DC-6 only has 3 settings, idle cutoff, auto lean and auto rich. It's not an axis so don't assign an axis to mixture while using the DC-6.

Don't do this.

Roger, I will disable it again! Thanks

Good morning Gents,

so, another morning here, another try. Okay, may I have to say sorry about speaking of a problem with the aircraft. I will report the results of testing.

so long

Peter

Good day,

SORRY for the blame! 1. flight without engine problems! done everything according the books!

....but problem with low idle elec ist still there. below 1400 RPM loss of all elecs. GEN are on, inverters all three and Batterie switch to plane.

what do I wrong here? mmh

Sincerely

Peter

54 minutes ago, Stingray said:

Good day,

SORRY for the blame! 1. flight without engine problems! done everything according the books!

....but problem with low idle elec ist still there. below 1400 RPM loss of all elecs. GEN are on, inverters all three and Batterie switch to plane.

what do I wrong here? mmh

Sincerely

Peter

Did you see my post regarding the switch to turn battery on?

Full names in the forum, first and last.

Yes I did. But there are only two switches, first is Ground power on and off and the second one is Battery plane/ground. Did I miss another switch? did not think so. after engine start the ground power switch goes off, the battery one to plane. as i said, GEN s are on, inverter also. With this setting no elec power below 1400 rpm

53 minutes ago, Stingray said:

Yes I did. But there are only two switches, first is Ground power on and off and the second one is Battery plane/ground. Did I miss another switch? did not think so. after engine start the ground power switch goes off, the battery one to plane. as i said, GEN s are on, inverter also. With this setting no elec power below 1400 rpm

Disable auto mixture. Ensure that you don't have any mixture axes assigned to your hardware.

Also: full names in each post - final warning.

Kyle Rodgers

Okay, Okay, we can close this thread. Problem may in front of the screen and not upon the Aircraft. Batterie issue solved now, definetely my fault. I havent seen yet that the Ground switch must be in the on position cause it is named Ground/Battier or somewhat like this. It works now for me.

On the other side my engine trouble continues. During my last flight the cyl. Temps got quite high and all four engines began to run very rough till they go back to 20 MAP with no BMP readout anymore. Since I was at FL200 I thought I could try a restart but even this doesnt work. Engines definetely broken according to the maintanance hangar. But okay, the problem is not the aircraft, it is me. strange anyway cause I monitored all parameters very well, no carb ice or anything like this, take off and meto power in limits and a smooth climb out. With setting to mixture auto lean the trouble starts. and of course I have no automixture settings in FSX.( and no mixture on any axis )

Regards

Peter Schlotfeldt

Peter FL200 is the most upper limit for the plane. Check out the charts we provide for cruise at the end of the handbook. You need to stick to these settings to avoid any engine issues.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

5 hours ago, Stingray said:

On the other side my engine trouble continues.

Did you switch from low blowers to high blowers?

Marc ter Heide

8 hours ago, Stingray said:

Okay, Okay, we can close this thread. Problem may in front of the screen and not upon the Aircraft. Batterie issue solved now, definetely my fault. I havent seen yet that the Ground switch must be in the on position cause it is named Ground/Battier or somewhat like this. It works now for me.

Regards

Peter Schlotfeldt

I told you that a while back but you continually brushed it off.

Here is an amazing piece of advice from me to you - and for free -  take the time and read the friggin POH and do yourself a favour and look at the performance charts. All aircraft have a POH for a reason - use it!

• Upvote 1

Yes at FL200 I was on high blower setting.

Thank most of you for your advises. We can close this here, I will go deeper in the POH but I dont like to get any further commands which tell me I am only a damned fool by stuff or members

of the ###### Army.

So again, I have to say sorry for blaming the product at the beginning, problems seem to be more or less in front of the screen. On the other hand I have to say that in my opinion publisher has a little problem with critic. Can also be monitored in other threads.

Finally, good aircraft and everything is okay.

regards

Peter Schlotfeldt

4 minutes ago, Stingray said:

So again, I have to say sorry for blaming the product at the beginning, problems seem to be more or less in front of the screen. On the other hand I have to say that in my opinion publisher has a little problem with critic. Can also be monitored in other threads.

They're happy to take criticism and suggestions. What they're not happy to take, and rightfully so, is someone immediately jumping to the conclusion that there is a major bug and that xxx developer does it better etc. basically blaming, without any evidence to support it. I'm sorry but in my opinion, you got off light with this one.

I'm not going to go on and on about this, but if you'd spent months of long, hard, painstaking work developing something, then someone came in and started trashing it on a public forum when they didn't actually know what they were doing, you would get on the defensive to.

Case closed.

5 hours ago, Stingray said:

Peter,

As Chris mentioned in the above post, criticism is just fine, provided it is well-founded. I will be the first to admit that my push back was a lot more strongly worded than it needed to be, and for that I apologize. All the same, as Chris mentioned, it was more of an issue where it seemed there was an almost immediate implication that it was our fault, when in reality, it was nearly the exact opposite - the realism of the plane was simply not what you were expecting. I should've worded that more evenly. My apologies.

Kyle Rodgers