Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Any Rumors on Flight1 GTN750 for P3D V4?

Now with the release of Orbx Vector and Active Sky for V4, all I will need is the Flight1 GTN750, and I will be a totally 100% happy camper in V4 land.

Has anyone heard and discussion on this?

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I've been digging for info since early June and it's crazy that the above link is the latest bit on information. F1 - throw us a bone please!

Mario Di Lauro

yep same here, I'm waiting on the 750 and the objectflow update from Orbx so I can install all my airports then I'm set.

Thomas Derbyshire

The last post i read on the subject on Simforums,was very quickly closed by Mr Rhoads when some one dared to ask if it was a free update and then a few other joined in! this did not best please Mr Rhoads ,so i think it would be a brave man to ask the question again suppose we just have to wait quietly:biggrin:

Peter

It's a race between Flight1 and RXP to see who can release a 64 bit version of the GTN 750. RXP has experience only with linking the Garmin trainer app to XP11 and they did an excellent job there, so we know that 64 bits is not a hurdle. Flight1 has done a terrific job supporting and updating their 32 bit version for FSX and P3d, but both developers seem very cautious about releasing final products that are buggy (unlike many other flight sim developers who make users pay to test out their half-done wares).

Remember I didn't say a horse race, though.

_47864936_jex_717_de27-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, wizzards said:

The last post i read on the subject on Simforums,was very quickly closed by Mr Rhoads when some one dared to ask if it was a free update and then a few other joined in! this did not best please Mr Rhoads ,so i think it would be a brave man to ask the question again suppose we just have to wait quietly:biggrin:

Peter

They already said it would cost something but the amount has not been determined. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 hours ago, wizzards said:

Peter

I've already paid for two versions of the 750 for FSX and P3D so having to cough up a third time isn't welcome, although what choice is there. It's just a shame that Flight 1 knows the necessity and chooses to profit out of it. As I said before Milviz had a change of mind and decided to offer V4 upgrades for free, how on earth does a developer expect an add on to keep bringing in business unless it is V4 compatible? To me this isn't a luxury option being provided for supposedly "entitled" customers, but actually one of long term product survival.

It simply isn't worth asking them when the updates are coming, as they'll respond with that signature arrogance we've come to expect from them. It therefore becomes a very frustrating waiting game with no apparent obligation on Flight 1's behalf to keep customers informed, especially as we're going to have to cough up some extra money for the privilege.

All that being said, Flight 1 is doing a pretty good job at the moment with Ultimate Traffic Live, which I find populates my airports and generally behaves in a far more convincing way than its predecessor, old models and liveries notwithstanding. So not all bad.

you're right, they have no right to be a profitable business. I would feel better, if only I too, worked for free

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Considering the amount of time they are putting in to the update, I would not think it would be free. No one works for nothing.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I will pay for it.I believe there will be some new featrues to. So my wallet is ready and this time I don't have it has shown me I can't do without it. Vor's and NDB's don't do it for me. VFR I enjoy that but when am in the TDuke flying fast between 3000 to 11000 I got to have my GTN.

But my God waiting on it is killing me.  

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

The TD is basically stuck at P3d V3 for me, as without the GTN, it's a whole different aircraft and not in a good way. Anyway, the GTN hiatus has given me time to refamiliarize myself with the PMDG NGX, 777 and the TFDI B717, which at my advanced age is a never ending process.

11 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The TD is basically stuck at P3d V3 for me, as without the GTN, it's a whole different aircraft and not in a good way. Anyway, the GTN hiatus has given me time to refamiliarize myself with the PMDG NGX, 777 and the TFDI B717, which at my advanced age is a never ending process.

I like the 777 the most. The right amount of work-load, and enough choice of real routes cargo and pax under 3 hours if I am not able to go long haul.  If you need help learning the 777 https://www.airline2sim.com/course/777/

After the move to P3D4 I only miss Aerosoft Anchorage and Aerosoft German Airports EDDK sceneries.

1 hour ago, jimcarrel said:

you're right, they have no right to be a profitable business. I would feel better, if only I too, worked for free

I'm saying that to make money they need to move their products to V4 compatibility. It then becomes a question of is it an R&D cost they absorb or is it something the existing customer should pay extra for.

The question of charging for the conversion from 32 to 64 bits is all about money, but not just related to the time spent by a third party developer to do the upgrade. There are positive aspects for a 3PD of doing the 64 bit conversion. First, because P3d V4 can access an almost unlimited amount of memory, users with a lot of "heavy" add-ons are going to move to V4 no matter what. A developer does not want be left behind and lose that market. Second, as more people move away from older flight sims, developers have a perfect excuse to stop authoring new products for these legacy sims. The more flight sim platforms that a 3rd party developer targets, the more work accumulates trying to ferret out bugs and providing support. Third, providing technical support to users with chronically outdated hardware/drivers/OS versions also creates a burden on 3PDs. This group of users is basically stuck with a flight sim like FSX (not that there's anything wrong with it). Fourth, a few developers are charging a V4 upgrade fee for those users of older sims, so the conversion will eventually pay off via the revenue from those sales. Fifth, for at least some products, the V3 to V4 conversion consisted of nothing more than a new installer and I'm sure some developers felt a tiny bit of guilt and decided not to charge for the upgrade.

The above discussion can tell you something as to why ORBX, HiFi, A2A, PMDG, REX, FSDT and a lot other 3PDs did not charge for the V3 to V4 update. The "free" update was a short-term investment that at least in their collective minds, will pay off down the road. Unfortunately with this "free lunch" policy being so widespread, it has put pressure on smaller developers to also not charge for the conversion. Milviz initially announced that they were going to charge a"small fee" for their products which were not purchased directly from them. Then they decided that the V4 aircraft would be free to all V3 users. The rights to PTA were sold to a payware developer and most people paid the "update" cost. So far only VRS (TacPack) and Flight1 with its GTN gauges are holding firm on charging a fee. I suspect that both have a loyal user base and those customers won't care as long as the word "small" turns out to be equivalent to something costing less than a Big Mac, fries and a Coke. Note that UT Live is marketed under the Flight1 umbrella and there has been no talk about  charging a fee with that product. What's made the GTN gauge conversion issue unique is that simultaneously, RXP has announced that it also is releasing their popular XP10/11 GTN gauge for P3d (and also FSX).

Every developer has their own perspective as to what are good business and marketing practices.