Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Any Rumors on Flight1 GTN750 for P3D V4?

I don't expect or need it to be free,  and I suspect most would agree.  making something 64 bit isn't a trivial exercise.  It also isn't on the same level as coding a whole new product from scratch.  To be completely fair, I also already ponied up more than full price again when this made the move to p3d.  which involved considerably less development.  I only have the 750, so I have only been soaked for 115 bucks so far,  but if someone has all four gauges and bought them for both platforms they have already ponied up in excess of 460 bucks.  these gauges also share a great deal of coding between them, and most of the navigation work is done by a free demo application developed by Garmin.  Now, to be blunt, their competition is worse.  RXP has for years abandoned their fsx product, and had set the bar for this type of addon by charging twice to install the same gauge again in each plane, and then more to get them to talk to each other.  never bought their stuff for this very reason. 

But I love the product, and I appreciate the work it takes,  but I already bought this code twice.  IF they ask a reasonable upgrade charge, ok.  If they want me to pony up 65 bucks again, or 260 for some folks,  I would like to believe that they would regret it from lack of sales.

But they won't.  all the people who are about to line up after this post and tell me they will pay anything flight1 wants,  they'll buy it.  hell I'd probably buy it, hating myself the whole time.  Being an addicted junkie is like that.  

Well even though RXP seems like they will be first out with a product I gotta go with what will already work in the stuff I use. Namely the whole lot of Milviz, Realair & A2A.  For those, even if you have to hand edit it will work anyways because the 3D in the VC is already there...think about it. I think we will get updates to support it a lot faster vs adding someone elses product into a long released aircraft. In fact i haven't even read of any dev putting the 3d into their aircrafts for the 64 bit RXP GTN's

this could be interesting Reality charge $49.95 for their 64 bit Xplane GTN750,so as P3d v4 is 64 bit hopefully it will be the same price,Flight1 want,s $64.95 for their P3d version so will Flight1 drop the price to match Reality,I suppose Reality will be as good as Flight1,s version

Peter

I'm going for Reality XP for P3Dv4. It seems their units will offer crossfill capability out of the box. I seem to remember Flight1 is working on an expansion to offer crossfill, but that might very well cost extra again, maybe even on top of the fee for the upgrade to 64 bit.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I will probably go RXP as well. I will wait for the release to make sure it fits my needs, and if it does i'll go for it. I have given enough money to Flight1 for their same product, i don't even mind paying more to another developer instead of 'conversion fees' i find unfair.

PMDG, FSL and the likes already charged twice for FSX -> P3D versions, it's only natural the conversion to V4 is free, at least for the first version. I don't mind paying, but paying when it's fair.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

This is why you don't jump to P3D V4 straight away and the same reason why people won't leave FSX or P3D V3 straight away.

7 minutes ago, ukplane1 said:

This is why you don't jump to P3D V4 straight away and the same reason why people won't leave FSX or P3D V3 straight away.

I don't think i got that. FSX and P3D x86 will be memories in the months to come, mostly like FS9 was when FSX came out and only the most stubborn ones insisted "it is better" and stuck in the past for years to come.

Sticking with P3D x86 will be history repeating. Either move or be left behind with developers jumping ship.

Performance and quality is so much better it's hard to believe there once was something called "FSX".

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

12 hours ago, Slayer said:

Well even though RXP seems like they will be first out with a product I gotta go with what will already work in the stuff I use. Namely the whole lot of Milviz, Realair & A2A.  For those, even if you have to hand edit it will work anyways because the 3D in the VC is already there...

As a matter of fact, the 3D mesh in Milviz aircraft is specifically coded to work with the F1 GTN versions. Granted that the majority of the actual mouse controls take place on the screen, so won't be affected by using another vendor's version, but those few frame mounted controls will not be usable by any other vendor's GTN products.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator