Sign in to follow this  
warning23

Cant update ILS frequencies

Ive run the installers from :

https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

But EETN ILS´s dont seem to be updating

They should be 108.3 and 109.3 but they dont work

In the p3dv4 own flight planner it states the frequencies as 111.7 and 110.3 which actually work but these are from 2006

I´ve run BGLfacilityscanner.exe and it tells me the freqs should be 108.3 and 109.3 leading me to :

C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V4\Scenery\0601\scenery\APX54100.bgl

Which does actually exist

Is anyone having the same problem?

Thanks.

Hi ?,

I can confirm that the updated APX54100.bgl file contains the correct frequencies of 108.3 MHz and 109.3 MHz. Could it be the case that you have add-on scenery installed for Tallinn? The navaid updates from Hervé Sors only update the stock navaids. Navaids contained in scenery with a higher priority in you scenery library are not affected.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Nope, stock p3dv4

If i go to the flight planner in p3dv4 it shows the old frequencies but if i run the BGLfacilityscanner it says i should be having the new correct ones you mentiones.

Weird and annoying now i have to check every destination beforehand to make sure the correct ils´s are in place.

Hi ?,

I just checked within the sim and not only does the flight planner use the 'old' frequencies, but the sim itself as well. I have no idea where these frequencies come from. My own SimLauncherX application only finds the 'new' frequencies. Maybe there's a navaid cache somewhere. Otherwise we can ask Hervé if he knows how this is possible.

Maarten

Hi ?,

I found the cause of the issue (at least for my setup). It's caused by MyTraffic: there's a ...\MyTraffic\Scenery\BR2_EETN.BGL file that contains the old frequencies. I found out using the simple airport scanner by ScruffyDuck. I hope this is the cause of the issue in your case as well.

Maarten

• Upvote 1

I had same problem. Will have to check MT6 which I have. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310