Sign in to follow this  
nhagag

PFPX flight Plans

Hello

I am using PFPX version 1.28 (most current I believe).

I have no problem exporting PFPX to either P3D v3.4 or P3D v4 PMDG\777 or NGX.

PMDG 747 flight plans  path is not implemented yet.

The problem I have  is exporting the simulator flight plan.pln to C:\ User\.....\Documents\P3D v3.4 files or P3D v4 files

I get error: Cannot write to C:\Users\....\documents\ Prepar3d 3 files of Prep3d v4 files.

I have full Administrative rights to both folders and Documents folder as well.

The problem I need these *pln. to load flight from within the simulator and more importantly to run Active sky in both versions.

I am curious as to what is the problem?

Thanks

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Just a shot in the dark here... have you tried running PFPX as an Administrator to see if it helps?

Edit: FYI... PMDG aircraft use the .rte flight plan file format (according their intro manual) and ASP4 uses .pln.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

34 minutes ago, nhagag said:

PMDG 747 flight plans  path is not implemented yet.

You can export it to the PMDG\FlightPlans folder by choosing the 'Export to PMDG 'RTE'' option in PFPX. Make sure you select the RTE (P3D) option. The 747 should then pick up on the flight plan via the CORTE function in the CDU.

34 minutes ago, nhagag said:

I get error: Cannot write to C:\Users\....\documents\ Prepar3d 3 files of Prep3d v4 files.

Try running PFPX as administrator and if that doesn't work, click on the 'Export' option and re-select the correct path to your 'Prepar3D v4 Files' in the Documents folder.

Hi

PFPX is exporting correctly to PMDG\FlightPlans  as *.rte but only for the 777 and NGX sub-folders since there is no Path yet for the 744 in PFPX

which is not a problem because I can use *.rte in the 777 sub-folder.

The problem is exporting *.pln to C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3d v4 files. where Active Sky need to load he plan and the weather.

I will to check if PFPX is set as Administrator.

Thank you 

Bill

You should only point to the documents folder, not the \Prepar3d v4 files folder. PFPX will only look for the Prepar V3 files folder, hopefully a update will take place soon.

If you don't have the  Prepar3D v3 Files folder inside you Documents folder you will need to make it  \Users\olmba\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files

Below is a screenshot of my route export window.

y4mddyYuXaNPQEHVrAoexiaG7jDvf35Fev5lCLYg

Thank you very much

That worked.

I was saving to Document folder as  C:\Users\Bill\documents\Prepar3d v3 files

Best

Bill