Sign in to follow this  
crpowell

Missing Files?

Hi,

Love the new DC-6 for FSX.

I installed and was able to do a flight, but was unable to find the files referenced in the tutorials (Flight Plans, Situation files, etc.)  Do I need to do something to install these separately?

Thanks,
Charlie Powell

Charlie Powell

I have the same problem. No possibility the load the tutorial 2 flight. 

And no flightplans for tutorial 1

Anyone know if I missed something?

If I look in the PMDG DC-6 map I see a lot of files, but they are all in txt format.

Maybe the wrong format send with the documentation?

Thanks for responding

5 hours ago, crpowell said:

Hi,

Love the new DC-6 for FSX.

I installed and was able to do a flight, but was unable to find the files referenced in the tutorials (Flight Plans, Situation files, etc.)  Do I need to do something to install these separately?

Thanks,
Charlie Powell

5 hours ago, Ericd said:

I have the same problem. No possibility the load the tutorial 2 flight. 

And no flightplans for tutorial 1

Anyone know if I missed something?

If I look in the PMDG DC-6 map I see a lot of files, but they are all in txt format.

Maybe the wrong format send with the documentation?

Thanks for responding

The forum search function would've told you that the files were accidentally left out and use the given route to create your own file in a flight plan builder like PFPX.

Thank you for the helpful answer.

However, not knowing the exact keywords to search to get a result and then having to wait 30 seconds between every search for some reason, it is quite difficult to find the information I am looking for.

After searching for DC6 Missing files, DC-6 Missing Files, and DC6 Missing, I finally gave up.  

Charlie Powell

42 minutes ago, crpowell said:

However, not knowing the exact keywords to search to get a result and then having to wait 30 seconds between every search for some reason, it is quite difficult to find the information I am looking for.

After searching for DC6 Missing files, DC-6 Missing Files, and DC6 Missing, I finally gave up.  

Forget the GPS and just fly the airplane.  Depart PDX turn North follow I-5 and keep the Pacific Ocean to the Left and the Cascades to the Right.  Fly from Mt Hood to Mt Rainer.  If you need electronics fly from BTG to SEA.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, crpowell said:

This was my mistake. I created the file. I just never shipped it over with the tutorials when the installer was built. Sorry my mistake ended up getting you scolded for asking.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Kyle, maybe could you upload the missing files in avsim library or somewhere else (on PMDG website perhaps like the liveries for XPX) for those who need them ? This way we could avoid people asking the same question again and again.

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

vpa055.png

Just now, stefltt said:

Hello Kyle, maybe could you upload the missing files in avsim library or somewhere else (on PMDG website perhaps like the liveries for XPX) for those who need them ? This way we could avoid people asking the same question again and again.

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

The files are available for customers only, if anything they will be pushed via the Operations centre. They're not freely available. I'm guessing the X-Plane liveries are on the website because X-Plane can be used on Mac and windows, and there's no operations centre for mac?

7 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

The files are available for customers only, if anything they will be pushed via the Operations centre. They're not freely available. I'm guessing the X-Plane liveries are on the website because X-Plane can be used on Mac and windows, and there's no operations centre for mac?

Eh...we have the Intro and Tutorial zip on the Downloads page (granted, XPL only at the moment). The flight plan file isn't anything special that we would want people to have to pay for, like licensed manuals. All the same, it's likely that we'll push an update via the updater soonish.

7 hours ago, stefltt said:

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Good idea. I'll see if we can get the updated intro/tutorials/plans up on the downloads page.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers