Sign in to follow this  

Sibwings Antonov An-2 in V4 anyone?

Seems Sibwings is dead:mellow:

its a shame!

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has shoehorned the Antonov An-2

in there?

I shoehorned the Aerosoft Discus X in with no issues except I cannot control the vario volume.

I'll give this one a go too but I rather check to see if its been done issue free first.

I wish you the best of luck, it would be amazing if the devs would produce a version for P3d v4,this is one Aircraft I really miss,to me every trip was an adventure,but there was a post on SOH where it was stated that their anti piracy dll coding was stopping it being used in V4,I would love to see a paid update for V4,I have tried it with the FEMT but it has blanked out windows and the outside view is partially blocked,which i suppose is the dll working,but the rest appeared to be there and looked good

Peter

SOH Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4 post 76

Indeed I installed in manually and apart from a few issues it seems to work fine.

Blacked out windows, blackout areas on the exteranl model and some gauges not working. The engine also stops when changing form external to VC view. It looks like it wouldn't take much work on the part of the developer to make it compatible.

Its seems that the only thing that the dev has done recently is shut down the support forum but the website is still up and their plans are still for sale.

I sent them an email on behalf of every who has bought the AN-2 that we would all be willing to pay an upgrade fee for a V4 update :biggrin:

I guess its support that's the issue.

Oh well hope springs eternal!

Apparently there is a completely new AN-2 in development by OctopusG, the developers of the Aerosoft Wilga. Not much information available, but it looks like there should be an upcoming AN-2 for P3D v4 sooner or later. And who knows, hopefully and possibly and maybe also an ungraded Wilga for v4...

The Annuschka is my very favorite GA aircraft, and a source of much distress through my v4 transformation.  If I look back with regret to v3, it is solely for this airframe.  She imparted the feel of flight, better than anything else I have flown in the GA world.  I shall keep my eyes peeled for ANY updates on this incredible aeroplane simulation.  It is my eternal hope that SOMEONE AT SIBWINGS will see the revenue stream available through a PAID UPDATE, and produce a v4 version.  I shall be first in line to pay the price of admission.

I did try to load her into v4 without success- black triangles over the wings, and inoperative gauges unfortunately. :(

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I also hope that the Sibwings an-2 gets a v4 update. 

28 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

Apparently there is a completely new AN-2 in development by OctopusG, the developers of the Aerosoft Wilga. Not much information available, but it looks like there should be an upcoming AN-2 for P3D v4 sooner or later. And who knows, hopefully and possibly and maybe also an ungraded Wilga for v4...

Also am hoping that the OctopusG An-2 ends up getting released, but am not holding my breath being as there has not been any updates for a very long time on their website.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

25 minutes ago, lasnubes said:

It is my eternal hope that SOMEONE AT SIBWINGS will see the revenue stream available through a PAID UPDATE, and produce a v4 version.

I fear your hope will remain eternal. Sibwings is dead, time to move on.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Aye Ron, you may well be correct... but move on to WHAT?

:(

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I wish that the developers that threw in the towel would make the code open source. But I can't say I blame them for not doing so. RIP Sibwings and AN-2 :ampun: