Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

CTD with PMDG DC-6

I think Chaseplane is causing a crash of the sim (it just disappears with no trace in AppCrashView) with the DC-6.  Every time I fly I get a CTD but today I turned off CP and had no problems.  Is this something you could look into?   thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Try disabling Advanced Features in the settings and try again. let me know if it still crashes

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I've been running CP for a while now - with no major problems.

I bought the PMDG DC-6 a couple of days ago and have [suddenly] been getting the same P3Dv4 crashes. Strangely, they seem to happen at the same/exact spot in the airport (from taxiway hold point onto the runway). No problems anywhere else. Somehow, it appears to be scenery related <?>.

I'll try disabling the "advanced" option to see if it helps. Will have to wait until 3.42 gets fixed though, as I can't se my X-52 with it at the moment ;)

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I'll also add that I have had DC6 crashes.  Usually on initial taxi to runway and just after touchdown.  No problems without CP.  I'll turn off advanced features and see what happens.  3.42 has broken joystick input, but that is already reported

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

I just published an update for the joystick controls, sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

7 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

I just published an update for the joystick controls, sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks, Keven - all good now - I can go back to testing the DC-6 (with "advanced features" disabled)! Watch this space!

Adam.

Well ... we have good news and we have bad news!!

Good news: It doesn't appear to be Chaseplane-related.
Bad news: I get the crash quite often - after startup, just beginning to taxi - even with CP not running.

So ... looks like I'll be visiting the PMDG support forums :-((

Adam.

Well, that's good news for me!

Thanks for the update and good luck on your research for a solution!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42