Sign in to follow this  
wheels1911

pmdg 737 ngx Drop down hud FSX

So when i first installed the aircraft it worked perfect, now when ever i click the hud for landing its just that green glass with nothing displayed.

anyone else have this issue? anyone know how to fix it?

3 minutes ago, wheels1911 said:

bump

Are you running the latest version of the NGX and the sim as admin?

14 minutes ago, wheels1911 said:

yes of course.

so it worked at first... and after about 4 days it stopped

Hmmm something has to have changed. Did you install anything else in that period?

1 hour ago, wheels1911 said:

yes of course.

so it worked at first... and after about 4 days it stopped

if you would have  done  a search you  would  have  come  across  a number of  these  issues  here  is  one  that might  solve  your  issu

or  if  you had  manage  to  have  a back up  of  your  DDL.XML some  where  just   a matter  of  reinstalling  it  again,  or  you  could  simply  do  a repair  option of  the  latest  installer  of  the ngx, or  you had  simply  turned  off  the hud  itself by  pressing  the  clr  button 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

Hmmm something has to have changed. Did you install anything else in that period?

Yes i installed fs2crew...    EZCA CAMERA VIEW thing

18 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

if you would have  done  a search you  would  have  come  across  a number of  these  issues  here  is  one  that might  solve  your  issu

or  if  you had  manage  to  have  a back up  of  your  DDL.XML some  where  just   a matter  of  reinstalling  it  again,  or  you  could  simply  do  a repair  option of  the  latest  installer  of  the ngx, or  you had  simply  turned  off  the hud  itself by  pressing  the  clr  button 

Ive already looked at that search i found hud display is dead already what they said in there did not help me either.....i even posted in that forum

they were talking about pasting in a line into my DDL.XML but i dont even understand how to do it.

would you recommend doing a repair??

And if some how i did press clr button how would i be able to like reactivate it

5 hours ago, wheels1911 said:

Ive already looked at that search i found hud display is dead already what they said in there did not help me either.....i even posted in that forum

they were talking about pasting in a line into my DDL.XML but i dont even understand how to do it.

would you recommend doing a repair??

And if some how i did press clr button how would i be able to like reactivate it

you need  to  open up   the  DDl.xml  with note  pad  and  than  add  the  entries  that  were  in the link, the  clr button is  on the hud  control panel on the  central  pedestal  ,  yes   doing  a  repair   shouldn't hurt (  as long the  installer  you  got  is  the  latest  that  you  had  downloaded) just make  sure  you run the  oc  before  you  do it  and  than  run the oc  again  and  it  will  install all the liveries you  had

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

pete when i open the DDI.XML with note pad it looks like hieroglyphics

and the is OC? you said to make sure i run the oc

and also how do i find my installer for my pmdg. im so lost im not computer savvy really

10 hours ago, wheels1911 said:

Then it is possibly corrupted. 

11 hours ago, wheels1911 said:

and the is OC? you said to make sure i run the oc

and also how do i find my installer for my pmdg. im so lost im not computer savvy really

than   what note pad  version  your  using  the  stock version of  your o/s  system,  try  another  note  pad     ie  note pad ++    seems  that most users  seem  to be  using  this  version

The latest installer  is  in your  account in pmdg    which  you need  to go  to the home  page  of  pmdg  click  the top  right  login which is  a seperate  login in details   to the forum, click  previous  orders and   download  the latest version.  

Peter kelberg

pete i have one more stupid question.

If i do this repair would i have to reinstall

fs2crew and ezdoc camera?

Hi,

I can only answer for FS2crew. This one you don't need to reinstall it after an update of the NGX. Just cycle disable/enable in the fs2crew control panel.

The only file that is modified by fs2crew in the NGX is the panel.cfg where it adds some entries. Obviously these entries will be removed as the panel.cfg will be replaced by a new one. But cycle disable/enable will restore the entries. That's all you have to do.

For Ezdok, I don't know. I had it but I replaced it by chaseplane, so I don't remember what files it modify and how even it does it.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

3 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

I can only answer for FS2crew. This one you don't need to reinstall it after an update of the NGX. Just cycle disable/enable in the fs2crew control panel.

The only file that is modified by fs2crew in the NGX is the panel.cfg where it adds some entries. Obviously these entries will be removed as the panel.cfg will be replaced by a new one. But cycle disable/enable will restore the entries. That's all you have to do.

For Ezdok, I don't know. I had it but I replaced it by chaseplane.

thank you romain.

How do you cycle disable/enable tho?