Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Envtex question

5 minutes ago, tooting said:

Can someone confirm is envtex is v4 compatible ?  ive been thinking of buying it

Yes. Fully compatible.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

26 minutes ago, xenonsk said:

Yes. Fully compatible.

Cheers many thanks

14ppkc-6.png

Envtex is well worth the money.  Great cloud texture replacements.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xenonsk said:

Yes. Fully compatible.

Still in BETA phase and you have to install 3 packages to get it running, also the update process is a bit tricky. Stil enough room for installation errors so i myself is waiting for the v4 Installer.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

7 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Still in BETA phase and you have to install 3 packages to get it running, also the update process is a bit tricky. Stil enough room for installation errors so i myself is waiting for the v4 Installer.

*??????*

What?

I only had to install one, click apply and I was good to go :-)

8 minutes ago, swiesma said:

*??????*

What?

I only had to install one, click apply and I was good to go :-)

No, you havent ;-)

You had to install at least the v3 version 1.0.5, SP1 beta and then the new hotfix. I would call that three packages if you have to start from scratch like tooting.

And thats the reason why i never would call it "fully compatible" at the moment.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Well, maybe you are right. But all I can ecall is that it runs without any problems and you dont have to do any "magic" to get it running.

And "compatible" means it works with v4 - and that's what it does :-) We can argue about the "fully" however.

38 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

No, you havent ;-)

You had to install at least the v3 version 1.0.5, SP1 beta and then the new hotfix. I would call that three packages if you have to start from scratch like tooting.

And thats the reason why i never would call it "fully compatible" at the moment.

That's really what you buy into when you take on this hobby.  It's 50% flying - and 50% tinkering with a virtual spanner trying to fix, bolt on and repair, so you can fly. Much like the real world.  

This is not an instant gratification hobby

23 minutes ago, ErichB said:

That's really what you buy into when you take on this hobby.  It's 50% flying - and 50% tinkering with a virtual spanner trying to fix, bolt on and repair, so you can fly. Much like the real world.  

This is not an instant gratification hobby

Working on Flightsims for over 25 years now i know pretty good what flightsimming means :-D

I NEVER would call an add-on FULLY compatible when i have to horseshoe it into the simulator software to get it running, and i don't talk here about an manual entry in a .cfg-file.

For my understanding "fully compatible" means there is a native installer for the version i want to install without tinkering, fixing, bolting an repairing with three different installers, there is plenty tinkering, fixing, bolting and repairing even after installation of native v4 add-ons to get the sim running smooth ;)

Signature3.png

7 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

For my understanding "fully compatible" means there is a native installer for the version i want to install without tinkering, fixing, bolting an repairing with three different installers, there is plenty tinkering, fixing, bolting and repairing even after installation of native v4 add-ons to get the sim running smooth ;)

If you want something badly enough, you do what it takes :)

I bought also ENVTEX recently but haven't installed it yet because I wait for the release version.

Nevertheless I'm wondering the following:
I run ASCA on a remote PC, should I also install ENVTEX on that remote system or on my P3D system?
(just to be sure: I want ENVTEX to integrate with ASCA)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

You basically need to make sure Envtex can see or have access to the main ASCA install folder, as it is here that it will install the sky textures and cloud textures if you want to use them. Once it has done the install, it's done. No need to have Envtex open or anything like that as explained previously. Turn on Envtex only integration in the Envtex/ASCA options and this will make ASCA use only the Envtex sky textures which are way way better than the ASCA ones itself. And it will setup the WX configuration for the sky textures too, so they will work dynamically depending on weather conditions and where you are flying on the planet.

11 hours ago, Kevlar01 said:

There's nothing in the ASCA config panel to connect it to ENVTEX, so if ENVTEX is shut down I'm not sure why ASCA would go looking for cloud textures from those folders when it does a dynamic update during a flight.  For that to work it seems like ENVTEX would have to copy all of it's cloud textures into the ASCA folders.  

Run ASCA and there is a configuration option where you select the ENVTEX textures and configure them to specific types of weather. Then ASP4/ASCA will inject as necessary.

ENVTEX  does not "inject" textures real time. It adds the textures to the ASCA "library" so to speak.

Then you configure ASCA to use those specific textures for dynamic updating

During flight ENVTEX is closed, even if it's open it isn't doing anything - ASP4/ASCA are doing the work.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks guys...definitely clears up a few things for me concerning the ENVTEX/ASCA integration process.

Looking at the WX Influence Config screen you mention from ASCA, I see a long list of ENVTEX sky textures in the item menu to select from that were imported, however I don't see any ENVTEX cloud textures in the list...at least not labeled as such.  Should I be seeing a set of ENVTEX cloud textures in the ASCA item list if I had those texture items checked for export from ENVTEX?

Kevin S