Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

DC-6 KSAN-KDEN

Screenshots from this afternoons flight from San Diego to Denver in United DC-6.  Route took me past Palm Springs and the Grand Canyon.  Encountered severe thunderstorms over Grand Canyon and again over the Rockies.   It was so bumpy coming over the front range that the autopilot could not hold altitude and a firm grip on the controls was needed till on final.

DC6_SAN-DEN_1.jpg

Passing Palm Springs

DC6_SAN-DEN_2.jpg

Salton Sea 

DC6_SAN-DEN_3.jpg

View of the Grand Canyon from the front office.  

DC6_SAN-DEN_4.jpg

Very bumpy ride with thunder clouds obscuring the view of the canyon.

DC6_SAN-DEN_5.jpg

It's a Grand view.

DC6_SAN-DEN_6.jpg

Flight Level 150, 253knts.

DC6_SAN-DEN_7.jpg

Weather beginning to clear as we continue past the Grand Canyon

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

very nice.

i've been thinking about which routes i should use the dc-6 on. this looks like a good one.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I flew from Dublin, Ireland, to Bilbao, Spain. About 2 hrs, nice wx until about 50 NM out. So the flight ended with  a night landing in a thick mist. That resulted in a slide show, single digit fps, got worse with every light switch that I turned on.

But I completed the flight. I need to study the fuel system a bit more, selecting the right tank at the right time is critical, as we discussed yesterday. Additionally I'm searching for info about the use of the supercharger, lots of things to learn...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Zugriff verweigert

Der Zutritt zu dieser Seite ist Ihnen leider verwehrt. Sie besitzen nicht die notwendigen Zugriffsrechte, um diese Seite aufrufen zu können.

If I knew what that said I'd be offended!

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

I'll check that, everybody should be able to read the forums...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Seems we have a problem here, working on it.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

I wouldn't really be offended. There's an old expression 'Glitch happens' :smile:

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Well, until further notice I'm no longer able to fly the DC-6. It started ok, but then I had CTD every time I touched down and now I get a CTD while taxiing out. I started a thread : 

and it seems I'm not alone with this problem.

I submitted a ticket at PMDG and one at HiFi, just in case. 

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

5 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Well, until further notice I'm no longer able to fly the DC-6. It started ok, but then I had CTD every time I touched down and now I get a CTD while taxiing out. I started a thread : 

and it seems I'm not alone with this problem.

I submitted a ticket at PMDG and one at HiFi, just in case. 

Well that's not good.   I had a CTD on touchdown on a flight to San Diego from SFO, but have had three successful flights since then with AS weather and Ultimate Traffic Live running.  I did check the event log but there was nothing.  If it happens again I will submit a ticket.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I'm reminded of the same problem with A2A's P-40. The very moment the wheels touched the ground...Boom! CTD. It turned out to be an iffy sound file. A reinstall sorted it. Have you tried a reinstall?

No, PMDG advises not to make a reinstall unless advised to do so. But I think I'll give it a try anyway.

The response to my ticket was not really helpful, they are trying to put it on Active Sky. But I disabled it and had a CTD while taxiing out at KIAD.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider