Sign in to follow this  
Guest bradzim

CTD Help w/BEV, FS Scene!

Guest bradzim

I had FS Scene on my Pc for a while. I was not happy with it so I decided to re-install. I didn't see a difference from the std textures. Upon reading the instructions more carefully, I noticed I was missing one crucial step (manually copying the files into my world/scenery/textures folder. I did that, copied and pasted, and was done. I load FS and get a CTD when trying to fly in the day. Night seems to be fine. Can anyone offer advice?I then tried to install BEV winter, hard winter. The install ran correctly and I fired up FS. I was able to get through to night flight, but day again gave me a ctd. What gives? I then try to run the BEV config, and it says I am missing files. I have not done anything wrong according to the install. Advice?If there is nothing you can help, is there something where I can set to get my settings on my pc from a few days ago instead of reinstalling everythihng? I thought I had a backup folder but it wasn't complete. Thanks!Brad

Hi Brad,Have you checked out the BEV support forums? It sounds like you did not apply the patch to Vol 3 Winter to make it compatible with Vol 4, and that is why you are getting the missing images/files message.As for the CTD, it sounds like you may have a corrupt texture. There is a post on the BEV forums about restoring your original FS textures and a utility by Frank Bergson to do so. http://www.flightsim-bevs.com/smf_1-0-5/in...hp?topic=1534.0 Note this does NOT require a reinstall of FS9.I suggest restoring your default FS textures and make sure everything is working. Then you can install FSScene or BEV. If you can verify you are getting a CTD with one of those products, you will need to re-download that product as a texture must have gotten corrupted in the download process.=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest bradzim

I'll give that a shot tonight. Work blocks the BEV site so I'll read it tonight. BZ

Guest bradzim

>Hi Brad,>>Have you checked out the BEV support forums? It sounds like>you did not apply the patch to Vol 3 Winter to make it>compatible with Vol 4, and that is why you are getting the>missing images/files message.>>As for the CTD, it sounds like you may have a corrupt texture.> There is a post on the BEV forums about restoring your>original FS textures and a utility by Frank Bergson to do so. >http://www.flightsim-bevs.com/smf_1-0-5/in...hp?topic=1534.0> Note this does NOT require a reinstall of FS9.I recently downloaded and installed winter and hard winter. Every time I try to load a flight I get a CTD when trying to fly in daylight. Night time I think workds fine, however it is hard to tell. I have never had this before with any other program. Here is what I did:1. Install BEV2. Run config and get an error3. Boot FS4. Load flight at night = good to go5 Load flight at day = CTD6. D/l TexPand 2 and go back to my original everything 7. Copy all original files back over 8. Boot FS, run day flight = good 9. Reinstall BEV 3, vol 3 update, and 4 10. Run config 11. Add my Ult Terrain textures 12. Add my Active Sky textures back 13. boot fs, night flight = good 14. switch to day= CTDMy CTD's seem to happen right around the 53% mark. I have never experienced this with any other add on and have been running AS6 and UT since it came out. Please help out. I do not want my hard work to go down the drain! >I suggest restoring your default FS textures and make sure>everything is working. Then you can install FSScene or BEV. >If you can verify you are getting a CTD with one of those>products, you will need to re-download that product as a>texture must have gotten corrupted in the download process.I restored my originals and got her back up and running. When I install BEV, UT and ASV I get the CTD. Never before have I gotten a CTD from UT or ASV. This leads me to believe that it is some corrupt file. It is strange though. After I restored the originals, I loaded everything up and I was fine. I then installed BEV and I get the crash. However, the first time was with an install of FScene. I am lost. Should I reinstall FS?>=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg