Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

REX/MilViz Radar

Hi folks, just took the plunge and am enjoying the new commander very much. As you know, the included MFD has a "weather" radar mode, but it won't even paint a heavy thunderstorm 5 miles in front of me. 

In any event, I was wondering if anyone has had any luck putting the Advantage Radar in place of the MFD. I saw some 3d knobs, so I wasn't sure if it would look right if I just plugged the Advantage in. So, anyone tried it yet? Any luck?

Thx,

Scott

You could always edit in the 3d screen then use the 2d panel to adjust knobs etc. Without the 3d model to support it there's honestly not much to be done. Maybe you could get Bert to do some edits like he did for the GTN

• Upvote 1

Hi Scott,

If it helps these are the changes I have made to the panel.cfg to incorporate the WX Advantage weather radar. It is not perfect, but as I cannot blank out or override the Avidyne gauge in the VC, the WXA gauge fits in to the Avidyne gauge screen. You can still call up the 2D WXA by using Shift & 2.

If you hover the mouse pointer over certain areas of the WXA graphic in the Avidyne gauge you can adjust the functions as follows:

Top Left corner........ Range adjust.
Top Right Corner....... Off/Test/WX etc.
Bottom Left Corner..... Tilt.
Bottom Centre ......... Brightness.
Bottom Right Corner ....Gain.

You will know when you have the right spot because the mouse pointer changes from the arrow.

PLEASE NOTE.
This mod is for FSX on windows 10, it has not been tested on P3D (any versions), X Plane or any other flight sims. You do this mod at your own risk, I will not accept any responsibilty for anything going wrong with your computer, flight sim etc. or your health and wellbeing.

So having said that, Please Please Please back up your Panel folder and/or Panel.cfg before applying the mod below. Apply/edit the following changes to the panel.cfg sections as follows (Note that Window07 is only applicable if you have the GTN750). The [Window01] and [Vcockpit04] sections have to be replaced by those below:

[Window Titles]
Window00 = INOP
Window01 = WX Advantage Radar  // This is the only line to change here.
Window02 = AUTOPILOT
Window03 = WINDOW MANAGER
Window04 = INFO
Window05 = ENGINE SETUP
Window06 = KNOB INFO
Window07 = Flight1 Garmin GTN750 U1 - DO NOT MODIFY

[Window01]
ident = 71
visible = 0
sizeable = 1
size_mm = 419,381
position = 0
window_size = 0.343511450381679,0.556719107690809
window_pos = 0,0
gauge00 = MV_WX!WX2D,0,0,419,381,1
gauge01 = MV_WX!WX,64,121,291,205,1

[Vcockpit04]
Background_color = 0,0,0
size_mm = 512,512
visible = 0
pixel_size = 512,512
texture = $Panel_4
gauge00=MV_WX!WX,  62,50,390,275,1

Please remember all the gauges used are the copy write of their owners, not mine.

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2017 at 4:03 PM, Nigellgh said:

Hi Scott,

If it helps these are the changes I have made to the panel.cfg to incorporate the WX Advantage weather radar. It is not perfect, but as I cannot blank out or override the Avidyne gauge in the VC, the WXA gauge fits in to the Avidyne gauge screen. You can still call up the 2D WXA by using Shift & 2.

If you hover the mouse pointer over certain areas of the WXA graphic in the Avidyne gauge you can adjust the functions as follows:

Top Left corner........ Range adjust.
Top Right Corner....... Off/Test/WX etc.
Bottom Left Corner..... Tilt.
Bottom Centre ......... Brightness.
Bottom Right Corner ....Gain.

You will know when you have the right spot because the mouse pointer changes from the arrow.

PLEASE NOTE.
This mod is for FSX on windows 10, it has not been tested on P3D (any versions), X Plane or any other flight sims. You do this mod at your own risk, I will not accept any responsibilty for anything going wrong with your computer, flight sim etc. or your health and wellbeing.

So having said that, Please Please Please back up your Panel folder and/or Panel.cfg before applying the mod below. Apply/edit the following changes to the panel.cfg sections as follows (Note that Window07 is only applicable if you have the GTN750). The [Window01] and [Vcockpit04] sections have to be replaced by those below:

[Window Titles]
Window00 = INOP
Window01 = WX Advantage Radar  // This is the only line to change here.
Window02 = AUTOPILOT
Window03 = WINDOW MANAGER
Window04 = INFO
Window05 = ENGINE SETUP
Window06 = KNOB INFO
Window07 = Flight1 Garmin GTN750 U1 - DO NOT MODIFY

[Window01]
ident = 71
visible = 0
sizeable = 1
size_mm = 419,381
position = 0
window_size = 0.343511450381679,0.556719107690809
window_pos = 0,0
gauge00 = MV_WX!WX2D,0,0,419,381,1
gauge01 = MV_WX!WX,64,121,291,205,1

[Vcockpit04]
Background_color = 0,0,0
size_mm = 512,512
visible = 0
pixel_size = 512,512
texture = $Panel_4
gauge00=MV_WX!WX,  62,50,390,275,1

Please remember all the gauges used are the copy write of their owners, not mine.

Thank you, Nigel! I appreciate the help! Don't worry, I'll be sure to back up my files. Very nice of you to take time to write all this out for me!

:-)

It has now been installed and tested in P3Dv3.4 and W7 pro.  It installed fine and have had no issues, works great.

thanks much.

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

On 2017-7-31 at 0:17 AM, jport1 said:

It has now been installed and tested in P3Dv3.4 and W7 pro.  It installed fine and have had no issues, works great.

thanks much.

Joe

Nice to know it ported to P3Dv3.4 without any troubles. Glad to be of help to you both and anyone else who wishes to use the mod.

• Upvote 1