Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER - glitch or something else?

That genre of 8800GTX cards were one of Nvidia's better cards for the then time. That's why it still runs well.

I swapped a top-end faulty Radeon for it. radeon had nicer PQ but was rubbish with clouds. 8800GTX took them in its stride.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I too got rid of a Radeon that was the recommended card in all technical mags a the time, then, which then died a death on me, at around the time these Forums were full of FS2004 topics that suggested Nvidia cards were better.

Scan have tested the memory and confirmed it's faulty. Replacement modules sent out today. Should have them Monday.

Good service from a good company. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Excellent news Ray, things are looking up!   21000 errors on the faulty module, you must have seen an occasional weird OS behaviour. Hope your system becomes rock solid and stable with the new RAM.

Cheers Jethro

Strange, I replied to your good news, Ray and my post got deleted. Wonder why?

16 hours ago, Jethro said:

Excellent news Ray, things are looking up!   21000 errors on the faulty module, you must have seen an occasional weird OS behaviour. Hope your system becomes rock solid and stable with the new RAM.

Cheers Jethro

That's the odd thing. I didn't. I can only assume the first module was taking most of the load. In 6 weeks I had just the one BSOD. Abut it was significant enough to make test the modules and the rest is history.

Rick it would be odd if a post was removed without you being notified.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Rick it would be odd if a post was removed without you being notified

Does not really matter, Ray. I was merely following up the news you received from Scan complimenting them on their excellent service. If somebody saw fit to delete it, so be it. I will not lose sleep. C'est la vie..........

The replacement modules arrived today and after a 3 hour MemTest I'm pleased to report zero errors.

Should anyone else get this BSOD message I hope they find this topic helpful.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Brilliant news, Ray, and thanks for the update.

Q.E.D.??(if you are like me, an old timer)

• Upvote 1