Sign in to follow this  
Zeuss_1238

747 not aligned with runway

22 hours ago, downscc said:

Don't obsess with the extended runway center line. It means very little, just a nice reference.You said the "plane wouldn't go directly to the runway" and yet I assume you landed on the runway because you didn't indicate otherwise. I'm with Kyle, I'm don't understand the problem as explained.

SFO to Denver Flight

SFO to Seattle

Linus Zwaka

Are you trying to say the waypoint KLEWS is not on the extended centerline as expected?  That is what we are trying to explain to you... the waypoint is defined by a lat/lon coordinated and puts it on the runway centerline based on no magnetic deviation.  Now add a different deviation to the airport scenery than exists in the global scenery and you get exactly this.  Just a slight mag dev difference.

I often spend a couple of hours on an airport bgl file correcting things such as navaid locations, type lighting, etc., and the airport mag dev on every airport I've done this to has had to be corrected except Flightbeam.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 minutes ago, downscc said:

Are you trying to say the waypoint KLEWS is not on the extended centerline as expected?  That is what we are trying to explain to you... the waypoint is defined by a lat/lon coordinated and puts it on the runway centerline based on no magnetic deviation.  Now add a different deviation to the airport scenery than exists in the global scenery and you get exactly this.  Just a slight mag dev difference.

I often spend a couple of hours on an airport bgl file correcting things such as navaid locations, type lighting, etc., and the airport mag dev on every airport I've done this to has had to be corrected except Flightbeam.

So how might one correct this

Editing the bgl file?

I cant seem to open it

Linus Zwaka

3 minutes ago, Zeuss_1238 said:

So how might one correct this

There is probably no need, the ILS LOC is probably lined up with the fix and not the extended centerline... as I said earlier the extended centerline has very little value most time.  And in this case it looks like 1 deg of error, come on, there's gotta be more pressing issues to resolve.

EDIT: I should answer the question.  Open the airport BGL in ADE and in the airport propertied UI correct the mag dev number using FAA NASR data.

Dan Downs KCRP

Just now, downscc said:

There is probably no need, the ILS LOC is probably lined up with the fix and not the extended centerline... as I said earlier the extended centerline has very little value most time.  And in this case it looks like 1 deg of error, come on, there's gotta be more pressing issues to resolve.

Sorry :(

I was just wondering cause I usually take the thing off autopilot when established on the glide slope

Should I just select a different approach type?

Linus Zwaka

Just now, Zeuss_1238 said:

Sorry :(

I was just wondering cause I usually take the thing off autopilot when established on the glide slope

Should I just select a different approach type?

Linus, there is not a problem that you need to solve.  Fly the localizer just like you always do, you will end up at the runway.

Dan Downs KCRP