Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

Payware MD80 recommendations

What should I get? Flight1? Eaglesoft? I am very happy with the SGA model, so the Eaglesoft panel is tempting due to its low price. How is the functionality comparison? I don't much care for VCs.

Drop into our forum and check user feedback :-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hi,I have 3 of them:LAGO: Very goodFlight1: Needs definately a patch (they are working on it) but has a lot of potentialMDSuper80: Way too expensive, waste of moneyEaglesoft: Don't have it, but it is limited in it's capabilities compared to the others (as far as I know)Depending on what type of MD80 you would like (analogue or glass cockpit) Flight1 or LAGO is your best bet.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest SX-BVA

I have the Flight1/Coolsky MD80 and can definitely recommend it if what you want is an early version of the MD with limited area navigation capabilities. Support is also excellent (a new patch was released just yesterday) and of course there's Flight1's 30-day refund policy. As for the MDMax product, I see that they are offering a trial version now, so you might want to check it out yourself if you want an FMC-equipped Maddog.Brgds,Miltos

>Hi,>>I have 3 of them:>>LAGO: Very good>Flight1: Needs definately a patch (they are working on it) but>has a lot of potential>MDSuper80: Way too expensive, waste of money>Eaglesoft: Don't have it, but it is limited in it's>capabilities compared to the others (as far as I know)>>Depending on what type of MD80 you would like (analogue or>glass cockpit) Flight1 or LAGO is your best bet.Lonny's MD80 panel package has FIVE different panels to choose from. Now that's a value! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest mikealpha

I'd vote for the Lago-Maddog. Check out the review by real world SAS MD80 Captain Stellan Hilmerby :http://www.hilmerby.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=422He has also made a specific LAGO MD support forum, you can find a detailed description of an MD80 flight and the cockpit is explained in all details:http://www.hilmerby.com/md80/md_flying.htmlhttp://www.hilmerby.com/md80/md_cockpit.htmlIt's very, very nice.Mike

Guest daniel.alm

>Hi,>>If it is same quality as LDS/PMDG I would not say 55

>Lonny's MD80 panel package has FIVE different panels to choose>from. Now that's a value! ;)>And which one is Lonny's MD80 package?

The EaglesoftPAS package. I believe the ad and link are in upper right corner here at Avsim.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Pilot53

All I can say is buy the MDMAX md80 it is much better than any other md-80. Have you ever heard of any msfs plane that if you dont use the anti ice corectly the engines could fail? And how many of these other md-80s have hot start and engine cooldown simulated realistically. How many have inteligent airframe icing simulation? How many have complete 100% hydraulic, fuel, and electric systems linked to everywhere they should be as on the real md-80 (like electrics and hyd press. is even linked to the airstairs). How many have a complete fmc? If you want a game dont get mdmax, if you want something cheap with average systems (kind of like the pss 777) than maybe MDMAX isnt for you, it runs smooth and has an incredible lighting system inside and out. And with the JCA md-80 it is simply the best.

Guest jennifer

Mike Iacovetta wrote: "...Have you ever heard of any msfs plane that if you dont use the anti ice corectly the engines could fail? And how many of these other md-80s have hot start and engine cooldown simulated realistically. How many have inteligent airframe icing simulation? How many have complete 100% hydraulic, fuel, and electric systems linked to everywhere they should be as on the real md-80 (like electrics and hyd press. is even linked to the airstairs)...."I hope this kind of system detail becomes standard in FSX, or at least a realism option.