Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

Payware MD80 recommendations

One note that may be overlooked. Lonnys MD80 panels are built by someone who has FLOWN MD80's real world:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

If I were you I'd go for the Eaglesoft panel with the SGA model. Very good value... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest glock232

Just a little "Lago" Warning...Based on the review in this thread on the Lago MD80 I decided to buy it. I ordered it off their (Lago) website on 3/7. Not sure what happened but after the sale went through but it went to a blank web page with no info on downloading or a serial number. I did get an email from the company that handles billing confirming my order and the charge went through to my CC. But still no info from Lago on how to download or activate.I emailed Lago 3 times for help over the last week and as of today no response to any of my emails... I guess my next step is to call the bank and have the CC charge reversed.Just wanted to share my Lago experience.

>What should I get? Flight1? Eaglesoft? I am very happy with>the SGA model, so the Eaglesoft panel is tempting due to its>low price. How is the functionality comparison? I don't much>care for VCs. There's no other MD80 in par with MDMax regarding systems complexity and fidelity, and general features. The price of the complete package (Base + FMS + detailed external model) is very high though (about 70$).Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Pilot53

Compared to thousands that you would need to buy an actual airline trainer, 70 is a bargain.

I'm tempted to reinstall my copy of Lago's MD 80 and upgrade it. Two questions:1) Is there a flight tutorial in English available somewhere?2) Do you have to pay for extra JCA liveries?ricardo

Hi Dillon,I glanced at the site concerning the MD-80 panel. I own several of the Eaglesoft craft and enjoy all of them. As to the MD-80 panel, I could not determine if it had VC. Does it have VC? Like you say "If it doesn't have a VC, I won't be flying it." Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Eaglesoft only offers a 2D panel... :-) If you want a full VC may I recommend Flight1's Super80 (they also offer the DC9 which is an older add-on). The Super80 has been allot of fun with the latest patch, it has become one of my favorite airliners to fly as of late...

FS2020 

Dillon,I have been considering the MD but even the DC-9 looks good as well. I would think since the DC-9 is dated the MD-80 has more bells and whistles. My system has less processor power than yours so would be curious as to the frame rates on your system with MD.Thanks,CarlDell P4 8250 2.4gig 5900XT 128meg756 RDRAM120gig HDWindows XP-SP2

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I get very good framerates with the patched Super80. The problem I have with the older DC9 is the VC isn't clickable (if I remember correctly some things might be but I uninstalled the bird quite some time ago). The DC9 has a very dated look in the VC compared to the Super80. The DC9 was a great product for me back in the days of FS2k2 so I guess the choice is yours... :-)

FS2020