Sign in to follow this  
FedorKlootwijk

controller frequencies lost

Hi Dave,

Just installed the update 2.2.1.9R3. It seems to have solved my problem of not recognizing certain sentences (requests after a missed approach). Thank you for that. Only now I have another problem. Some frequencies for certain (Dutch) airports are gone. For instance EHAM no longer has CLR, GND, TWR etc, only Ctr frequencies. I understand the frequencies are now read from the Navigraph database (I have cycle 1707). When I try to change the controller frequencies in Config it says: "controller frequencies are from the Airac data and cannot be edited". Is this a bug, a Navigraph problem or am I doing something wrong.

Regards,

Fedor

Fedor,

Getting controller info from the AIRAC data is a new feature.  If the AIRAC data has the controller information, that is the only controller info available.  It is not editable by design, since each update to the data would wipe out all changes.

Hopefully, the data is from the real world, so editing it will no longer be necessary.

Looking at EHAM with Cycle 1708 of Navigraph, or the 1701 data available with the full download, EHAM has all the frequencies, ClrDel, ATIS, many Grounds, Towers, Approaches and Radar Controls.

Updating your data to the latest or downloading the full install with 1701 should fix the problem.  There was a secondary release of 1707 during that cycle that should have the correct data also. 

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Just updated the Navigraph database to 1708, but no joy. Still only Ctr frequencies available in EHAM. Restarted several times, but no difference. I'll mail you a screenshot of the frequencies available.

Fedor

Thanks for sending the screenshot.  The Nearby Frequencies display obviously has a bug.

As a work-around, you can use the Info button to display the airport and select frequencies.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

You are right, the info list gives the right frequencies, but the problem is that they don’t work. For instance ClrDlv 121.97 gives no joy at all. Other frequencies answer on my request for a radio check but don’t answer at other requests. It seems that the program doesn’t recognize them as EHAM frequencies. When I tune in EHAM GND, 121.90 it is identified as Khujand Control. I don’t get any ATC chatter too on the non working frequencies. Hope this helps. I'll send you a screenshot by mail.

Regards,

Fedor

Just to add to the mix. I flew into EHAM yesterday and when told to contact approach the FO dialed the frequency and I was greeted with Cleveland Center. I then looked up the frequency for EHAM approach, dialed it in and was greeted with LAX approach. Everything else in the flight was right on the money.

NAX669.png