Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

High CPU Usage V4

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having very high CPU usage when running P3D V4. My CPU usage when in cruise is at 98% and i've noticed i'm starting to get sound stutters. I'm assuming this is due to the high usage of the CPU.

I don't know if there are any tweaks that i need to apply or any settings i need to adjust to lower that usage. I have tried to play with the settings a little bit but nothing seems to of worked thus far. 

I have just realised i should mention my system specs, Running i7700K 4.6ghz GTX 1070 8GB. I don't have the settings in P3D set very high either. 

10 minutes ago, Mikelab6 said:

Try unlimited FPS in your P3D settings.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I've always kept my FPS setting on unlimited. 

2 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Hi Mike,

I've always kept my FPS setting on unlimited. 

Unlimited frames will increase your CPU load.

Matt Wilson

What others programs are u running 

with P3d?

Do u use an affinity mask tweak?

hyperthreading on/off?

A screen shot of your core usage in task manager would be helpful to troubleshoot.

Matt Wilson

6 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Unlimited frames will increase your CPU load.

ON my system, as soon as I am locking my FPS in P3D, my first core max out at 100% and I am getting stuttering. If I am using unlimited FPS,  all my cores are running lower around 70% and no more stuttering.

5 minutes ago, Mikelab6 said:

ON my system, as soon as I am locking my FPS in P3D, my first core max out at 100% and I am getting stuttering. If I am using unlimited FPS,  all my cores are running lower around 70% and no more stuttering.

Interesting.  What is your overall CPU usage between the different settings?

Matt Wilson