Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

New Feature Reveal On July 27th

PlpgMYk.jpg

We've had to reschedule our feature reveal stream for this week, you can catch us on Twitch where we'll be unveiling a new feature that we're super stoked to share with you!

• Upvote 4

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Thanks Cryss, I'm really looking forward to this one!

Passengers aboard ?

Weather engine ?

Have they fixed the mixture / leaning bug ?

Are we getting an helicopter, with proper flight dynamics ?

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

My bet's on weather

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Am also hoping for weather!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I was really expecting for the new weather engine last week, for this announcement I will try to keep my expectations a little lower.

I know DTG will bring everything in the right time.

2 hours ago, ca_metal said:

I was really expecting for the new weather engine last week, for this announcement I will try to keep my expectations a little lower.

I know DTG will bring everything in the right time.

Yup, we might be better 'aiming a bit lower' so as to avoid feeling let down if it ain't that weather thing. But unless DTG's staff all need their 'hyperbole gauges' adjusting lol, being 'super stoked' about a new feature would seem to indicate it's something impressive on the way, and not merely a tweak to the undercarriage spring on the Cherokee or whatever.

Regardless of what it is though, I really like DTG's approach of putting out these regular Thursday updates, it's like getting a little present every week. :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Initially, I was a little underwhelmed about last week's feature, i.e. Cold and Dark. However, after actually watching the stream, it's actually a really good feature and very well implemented.

What I sometimes forget to consider is that I've been using flight sims for years and I'm used to them, and also know what they do out of the box and what plugins to use and purchase, etc. But something like the C&D checklist feature is very well done and something I think new simmers will really appreciate. Not everyone wants to jump into a PMDG 777 and fly across the atlantic :)

One thing this sim currently has over the others for me is the inviting user interface, bright/vibrant colours and ease of use. It makes it more inviting to use than say P3D or X-Plane (Even though XP11 has a new GUI, it's still quite a dark/hazy sim)

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup, we might be better 'aiming a bit lower' so as to avoid feeling let down if it ain't that weather thing.

Even if it is the weather thing, it may not end up looking exactly like what people are perhaps expecting or hoping for. After all, we haven't seen any teasers or such to base our expectations on. I've seen the TrueSky's Youtube video, of course, but I guess there's no telling that its FSW implementation would look similar (assuming that that's what they have chosen as the new weather engine, which is something we don't know yet for sure either). 

• Upvote 1

It can be trueSKY, but im thinking that can be very hard to add to fsw engine. Im also thinking REX. REX sayd that they will support fsw so maybe dovetail have agreed with them to implent it in the core sim. Something else it can be if not weather is fix to the lighting. Maybe dynamic lights?

58 minutes ago, Cyrex1984 said:

It can be trueSKY, but im thinking that can be very hard to add to fsw engine. Im also thinking REX. REX sayd that they will support fsw so maybe dovetail have agreed with them to implent it in the core sim. Something else it can be if not weather is fix to the lighting. Maybe dynamic lights?

I doubt that, lighting is not one of their priorities, as stated by them in one of the streams. Everybody is expecting a new weather engine because they said they were already testing new features for that. If you check the weather menu on the Flight Planer, you will notice that some tabs are locked and we can see a message saying "coming soon".

2 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Something else it can be if not weather is fix to the lighting. Maybe dynamic lights?

I'd expect the lighting effects to be part of the weather engine, or at least linked directly to it, since there are cloud shadow effects listed in the fsw.cfg - but all will be revealed in time, maybe this Thursday...

3 hours ago, ca_metal said:

I doubt that, lighting is not one of their priorities, as stated by them in one of the streams. Everybody is expecting a new weather engine because they said they were already testing new features for that. If you check the weather menu on the Flight Planer, you will notice that some tabs are locked and we can see a message saying "coming soon".

Stephen Hood sayd in the interview with FSElite that lighting was under the works, same with weather. So who knows. I guess we all find out on thursday :)

3 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Stephen Hood sayd in the interview with FSElite that lighting was under the works, same with weather. So who knows. I guess we all find out on thursday :)

Edit: Now I´m pretty it´s the weather engine. First Cryss has written that on the Update Notes: "They'll be another exciting announcement next week, so try and keep your heads out of the clouds..." CLOUDS! Come on!

Now they have posted that on their facebook: 

A cloud Smiling? Cryss is teasing us! LOL

• Upvote 2

Hmmm, it's going to be aircraft smoke for aerobatic displays.... :cool:

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...