Sign in to follow this  
srsparky32

White texture blocks when using VR

Hey all,

I use P3D v4 developer, When i'm in the normal 2d monitor environment, everything is perfect as can be, but as soon as i put on my VR headset (Oculus Rift) i start to see these white texture squares on the ground. The only way to make them go away is to restart P3D and not use my Rift.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Any and all ideas or opinions are welcome.

I run P3D using a Xeon E5-4650v4 and a GTX 1080Ti and 32GB of DDR4 so my hardware definitely isnt the cause.

here you go. im supposing they might be too high for running VR? the thing though is that it runs smooth with those settings in VR(does lose quite a bit of FPS in high density areas w/ addon airports tho)

Try with FXAA off and if that does not work - try disabling dynamic lighting.  

Also - try with default config of p3dv4 and see if you still get white textures.

By the way - I assume you have Orbx installed? Re-run force-migration in FTX Central 3.  And always delete Shaders directory in C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 after trying these setting changes.

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

thanks skywolf i will try your solutions and report back.

I only have ORBX FTX NA Socal, i dont have the stratch to buy FTX Global Base yet so im still running default there.

PS on a vanilla copy of P3D with those same settings i still got white textures in VR so maybe FXAA or dynamic lighting is causing the problem. will let you know asap.

So i tried with FXAA off and dynamic lighting off and i still got texture glitches. i was flying over land and then water and snow texture squares started showing up. so i think going to have to hang up the Rift for P3D until lockheed martin polishes it further sadly.

12 hours ago, srsparky32 said:

as soon as i put on my VR headset (Oculus Rift) i start to see these white texture squares on the ground. The only way to make them go away is to restart P3D and not use my Rift.

They're called "pixels" :dry:

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

16 hours ago, MarkDH said:

They're called "pixels" :dry:

um, was that actually serious? if so, youre a numbskull. anyone with half a brain can tell what a pixel is and what an actual problem is. if youre just going to submit snarky responses to an issue, then dont even comment at all.

THIS happens when you turn on VR, and its fine if you dont touch VR. Want to say its pixels again???

Z75TP7q9c1E8iafJwovA4X0xHEXng7CZEgCKQklo

12 hours ago, srsparky32 said:

um, was that actually serious? if so, youre a numbskull. anyone with half a brain can tell what a pixel is and what an actual problem is.

As Scott Adams would say, it's not funny if I have to explain it :mellow:

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

And it's also not funny if you don't explain your joke, or whatever it was. So kinda a lose-lose situation, I'm afraid.

ok well this thread is about asking for a solution to my problem not making stupid jokes so again if you have nothing useful to say then just go to another topic. thanks

Hello Srsparky32

Do you have the Hotfix 1 Installed ?    Prepar3D v4 Hotfix 1 (4.0.28.21686)  

On 7/27/2017 at 1:14 AM, Poppet said:

Hello Srsparky32

Do you have the Hotfix 1 Installed ?    Prepar3D v4 Hotfix 1 (4.0.28.21686)  

Yes i do have that p3d version number. I only see the visual glitch shown in post #9 only in VR. without VR it is 100% perfect. I really wonder why im getting these glitches and its so dissapointing because its so nice to be inside the cockpit but these glitches make it unplayable in VR.