Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

P3DV4 no Tweaks? maybe not..

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Who is Bob?  :huh:

That's twice now Ive called you bob.  My apologies Bert!!

14ppkc-6.png

I suppose it depends what textures the devs have provided,you get 1024 texture,s if that's what the add on was designed to use,it will not simply become 2048 just by setting the maximum to 2048 etc,its a funny Game flight simming what works for one wont work for all, I suppose to many variables!

Peter

Good info, but if you have max texture load set to 4096 in the sim; can I just leave it at that to have the VC textures at 4096?  Or does this setting overide or replace that one for VC textures?

Simon

16 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I tested this out. Several planes, on two different monitors 1920x1080. Running with mipmap VC ON.

Try turning off mipmap VC... Most VC graphics don't have mips anyway.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Does it make a difference with the quality in the PMDG aircraft in v4?

Eric 

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

Try turning off mipmap VC... Most VC graphics don't have mips anyway.

Hi Bill.

I guess I should have said that having mipmap on or off makes no difference whatsoever.  I just happen to have it on all the time.

Take a look at my screen grabs, mine look perfect in my eyes, unless I get a higher monitor resolution perhaps...I wonder are others getting better than what I'm seeing?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Okay. Check the texture sizes to see how large they are. 1024^2 bitmaps aren't going to benefit from any config adjustments... :dry:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 7/24/2017 at 5:34 PM, GSalden said:

Tomorrow I am going to test with Lower shadow Texture values. That worked in P3Dv3. With an OC up to 25% more fps

With P3Dv4 :

Opaque shadow value is default 2046

Translucent shadow value is default 512

Could someone please enlighten this subject in regard to the most up to date version of P3D?

I checked my .CFG and it only shows shadow options related to "opaque" and "translucent". It makes me think that all other options found previously are now deprecated, is it true?

Now, considering performance (especially video card bound) has anyone found the sweet spot (or at least what not to do)?

Thanks for any clarification in this regard.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Thanks for this info.  I'm mainly a A2A plane guy, I'm not intelligent enough to use any other planes to be totally honest.  I hope A2A have cockpits higher then 1024 resolution so I can benefit from this.  Can't wait to try and thanks again