Sign in to follow this  
sfgiants13

FlyTampa Working on ATL

I'm not sure who's been following FT lately but LAS has been on their map for a bit.  After Haneda was pulled due to another developer working on it, ATL became the latest pin on their map.  As a Delta guy myself, this would be awesome!  Imaginesim ATL wasn't too bad and I had ok performance but getting FT type performance at ATL would be amazing and a first day buy for me. 

• Upvote 1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

This are real good news. Long waiting for ATL. I've tried the ImagineSim version several times but was never happy with it.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Would love to buy FT KATL finally a good one.

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

For the love of God why do these developers rehash the same airports..there atlanta 2016 for God's sake.  I know it's all about money.   Mo more big airports please that already have been done 

• Upvote 4

14ppkc-6.png

KATL is my home airport, so I'm thrilled with this news.  These guys do amazing work.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

20 minutes ago, tooting said:

For the love of God why do these developers rehash the same airports..there atlanta 2016 for God's sake.  I know it's all about money.   Mo more big airports please that already have been done 

I have to tend to agree. There are plenty of secondary airports that could use some love. My home airport of MKE is in desperate need of being done by someone. I have literally thought of changing careers and trying to become a scenery developer just to do it myself lol. I mean tropical sim did OMA and I don't see how that is any more or less popular than MKE

Back on topic, it will be nice to have the good performance from FT on ATL. While Imaginesim has come a long way visually IMO, they still tend to be a performance hog

Well, I believe it is about time we finally have a 5 star developer producing a much needed KATL. 

Hat's off to FlyTampa for deciding to create KATL.  It would not hurt my feelings at all if they elected to do KDTW, either. 

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Just now, beechcaptain said:

Well, I believe it is about time we finally have a 5 star developer producing a much needed KATL. 

Hat's off to FlyTampa for deciding to create KATL.  It would not hurt my feelings at all if they elected to do KDTW, either. 

Sunskyjet is working on what looks to be an awesome DTW.  It'll be freeware (well donationware as they put it) to boot.  It's been in progress for quite some time but hopefully will be released in the near future.  This year has certainly been good and I'm hoping that continues with long awaited projects such as DTW, Aerosoft CRJ/A330, etc.  

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

7 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

Sunskyjet is working on what looks to be an awesome DTW.  It'll be freeware (well donationware as they put it) to boot.  It's been in progress for quite some time but hopefully will be released in the near future.  This year has certainly been good and I'm hoping that continues with long awaited projects such as DTW, Aerosoft CRJ/A330, etc.  

Last week they released night lighting previews. I can't wait for this one.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

in one week alone.

dd did JFK  already done

flytampa ATL  already done

Orbx Bilbao already done

all we need now is aerosoft barcelona and fsdreamteam Manchester then we have loads of copies of the same airport... oh wait a sec.,,,

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Everything about KATL is boring to me. The airport itself is the most mundane, boring design imaginable. The area is boring. It's really heavy on FPS.

I much more enjoy mid-size airports in interesting places that will also run smoothly (which I'll give Orbx credit for doing a lot of).

• Upvote 2

A better Delta hub would be KDTW.. they still fly B744s out of there and if I had an airport to look at I'd love to fly some of those old NWA routes.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 minutes ago, downscc said:

A better Delta hub would be KDTW.. they still fly B744s out of there and if I had an airport to look at I'd love to fly some of those old NWA routes.

DTW almost done, scroll through latest pics: https://m.facebook.com/sunskyjet

Eric 

37 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Everything about KATL is boring to me. The airport itself is the most mundane, boring design imaginable. The area is boring. It's really heavy on FPS.

I much more enjoy mid-size airports in interesting places that will also run smoothly (which I'll give Orbx credit for doing a lot of).

I grew up near the Atlanta airport and could watch planes take-off when I was a kid. Before 911 I use to go and hang out at the  different concourses and watch the planes. Even now when I visit the area I go spotting from time to time. The Delta museum is nice and they now have a 747-400 on display. The area is not boring. Have you even spent there is real life? And I don't mean passing through catching a connection or virtually? 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro