Sign in to follow this  
sfgiants13

FlyTampa Working on ATL

Remember Voychez who did those FSZone1 Rhode Island zone (4 airports) and FSZone2 Portland zone (4 airports) for FS9? We need those kinds of zones.. These Mega airports are good..but we have them already...

But I understand folks from Atlanta being excited for FT doing KATL. Although I have KDFW by FSDT (dated now), I too would be thrilled  if FT does it. But if folks not from Dallas are not too thrilled about it, I would understand that as well

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I'm ecstatic about it. This is now my most anticipated addon that I am looking forward to with FT KLAS and Flightbeam KPDX right behind it. If the Level D 757 comes out it will be Delta domestic flying heaven. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

Plenty of airports in Asia/Africa that haven't had a single rendition yet here we are, another US airport that has already been done before being done again. You folks in the US are really spoiled for choice now!

I think I just have to accept that the maximum possible profits will only come from US or European airports but it would be nice to see some other area being covered by top notch devs. Heck, just give me a FlyTampa Dubai v2 and I'll be happy!

• Upvote 1

I agree I mentioned something about developers all doing the same airports on another website and almost got killed by the moderator for that but I don't think that I am wrong for expressing my opinion. Are world is huge why continue making the same airports? I will admit I'll buy anything Fly Tampa but still feel like I'd rather have them rework say KBUF than do another ATL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Remember Voychez who did those FSZone1

Close.

It was Vauchez aka Stephane Lepagne and it was FlightZone.

His Portland package was one of my favorite FS9 series ever. Well that and when FT came out with St. Marteen that included SABA and St Bart's.

Too bad he left the scene and never converted those packages to FSX as was promised.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have a list of airports as long as my arm that I'd like to see.  On the other hand, it's Atlanta, it needs some real respect.  Dare I say that, for once, I'm okay with a dev making another version of that airport...especially if they can do a bit of the city and the giant visual landmark, Stone Mountain.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 minute ago, sbague1 said:

I agree I mentioned something about developers all doing the same airports on another website and almost got killed by the moderator for that but I don't think that I am wrong for expressing my opinion. Are world is huge why continue making the same airports? I will admit I'll buy anything Fly Tampa but still feel like I'd rather have them rework say KBUF than do another ATL.

Well the good thing about some developers redoing existing airports is that a lot of times the newer versions of done by a good developer like FT, come out better and perform better than the older, existing versions.

KATL in all its makeovers from IS have never looked that good to me or performed very wel, so in this case I am glad FT has stepped in to do it. Frankly I'd been hoping that FSDT or FB would do KATL since their airports generally perform better than FT large airports for me, but I'll buy the FT KATL the first day so I can bin my IS version for good.

• Upvote 4

I live in the Caribbean so I would love to see one of the big names in airport scenery take on Grantley Adams International airport in Barbados(TBPB). 

Atlanta is great and all but I have enough North American airports at the moment...I would like to see a few other regions get some attention. Africa, South America and Central America could use some FlyTampa quality airports. North America and Europe have more than enough airports to choose from.

• Upvote 2

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

The one I have been waiting for is Cancun. Tropicalsim did it years ago and kept releasing the same, yet slightly updated version. The newest version is far below the standards they currently have.

AMS did a version that had promise but the group went under before they were able to get the bugs out of the scenery.

More recently AirDailyX reported that someone secret is working on it but they are waiting for construction on the airport to end. Good lock with that. They airport has been under construction for 12 years.

It would be amazing If someone could do the airport along with the hotel zone justice. 

Nice vid of a departure from Cancun: 

• Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I'm sure it will be a masterpiece, just like all of their other work (of which I own many).  However, like some others in this thread I'm not super excited to see a duplicate ATL.  In my opinion the latest Imaginesim version is pretty good.

Cancun and Seoul stand out to me as two major airports desperately needing a high quality payware rendition ahead of a duplicate effort.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I'm sure it will be a masterpiece, just like all of their other work (of which I own many).  However, like some others in this thread I'm not super excited to see a duplicate ATL.  In my opinion the latest Imaginesim version is pretty good.

Cancun and Seoul stand out to me as two major airports desperately needing a high quality payware rendition ahead of a duplicate effort.

Look at it from a business perspective. What do you think will generate more money after say a year of development? Me thinks KATL. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

I grew up near the Atlanta airport and could watch planes take-off when I was a kid. Before 911 I use to go and hang out at the  different concourses and watch the planes. Even now when I visit the area I go spotting from time to time. The Delta museum is nice and they now have a 747-400 on display. The area is not boring. Have you even spent there is real life? And I don't mean passing through catching a connection or virtually? 

I've flown my own plane in the Atlanta Class B twice on trips as well as many connections.

I know Atlanta isn't boring in real life, but you can't exactly hit up downtown in a flight simulator. The geography just isn't interesting to me. I live in the south as well.

I'm going to disagree a little about ImagineSim's latest KATL, though I agree the performance could be better -  but then again it's a HUGE airport and they didn't skimp at all on detail as they moved away from the main terminal area.  Takes guts to tackle such a large aircraft, especially for FSX/P3DV3.  All that in mind, I too am happy to see FlyTampa doing KATL.  They did such a TERRIFIC job on Amsterdam!

Not sure why the heck Imaginesim never bothered getting back to me after two or three emails though. That's fairly troubling.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Not sure why the heck Imaginesim never bothered getting back to me after two or three emails though. That's fairly troubling.

That's another point about IS that troubles me is their email only customer support. Even the airports that they have done a fair job on, the satisfaction is diminished when you seek help via email and sometimes never receive a reply.

Back in the FS9 days or maybe it was early FSX days, I had some issues with their TJSJ. Emailed once, waited a few days, emailed again and waited a few more days and no reply. I tried a third time and still never got a response. At that point I stopped trying. Needless to say their customer support is lacking. 

I learned from that and going forward only buy airports from developers that have their own, active support forum. Although that doesn't always guarantee success either if you look at T2G's support.

5 hours ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

I live in the Caribbean so I would love to see one of the big names in airport scenery take on Grantley Adams International airport in Barbados(TBPB). 

Not sure if it will work in P3D but Max Kraus has a great freeware Barbados in the library. Darn near payware quality.

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=Barbados&FileName=&Author=&CatID=fsxscen

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=153845&Cookie=1