Sign in to follow this  
sfgiants13

FlyTampa Working on ATL

3 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Are you really asking this question? There's no Flightsimmers from Ha Noi, Vietnam. (Most of Asia is 3rd world countries) Follow the money. 99% of FlightSim market is in US and the EU

Sad but true... 

14ppkc-6.png

8 hours ago, regis9 said:

Works fine with the v4 installer.

Thanks.  I just saw its available at flightsimstore. 

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

No flight simmers from Vietnam? Yes there are. I personally know lots of simmers there. Don't be so closed minded and make assumptions that just because a country is third world means there's no flight simmers there. FYI Asia is a very large region. I don't know where you get your information that MOST of Asia is 3rd world. Perhaps you need better education in geography.

Could you please try to be civil and reply in a polite manner? There's no need to be condescending. Besides - he's right. 

This has nothing to do with being closed minded! It has everything to do with where it's possible to get access for the airport and which governments, are willing to help and let them photograph the airport in detail. Unrestricted access from authorities and helpful crew and airport personal are crucial, if you want to develop an airport of FSDT, FlightBeam or FlyTampa's quality. It's not that easy just to get access to airside places - especially in 3rd world countries. And especially in times like these.

FlightBeam failed to get the necessary access to make Frankfurt.

Besides - he's right, you know... Now, you may wish that more asian airports would be developed. Heck, I'd really with for a FlyTampa quality Shanghai, Beijing, Haneda or Narita. But why do you think that it isn't so?? The developers are making sceneries - not just to please you - but from a sound business perspective. The vast majority of simmers live in Europe or North America - hence the vast majority of sceneries are being developed there. 

When developing a scenery, the simmers who will purchase it, typically resides in the country where that scenery is located. In other words - buyers of a german airport scenery, will primary be german. The term many simmers, are a highly subjective term. With all this in mind, it's understandable, that most sceneries which are being developed are located, where the most simmers reside. And why regions such as Africa, Asia and (mostly) South America are being left behind... For it to be feasible for a developer like FlyTampa, FlightBeam or FSDT, they need quite a lot more sales, than the number of simmers in Vietnam...

That's my 2 cents... purely my own observations and conclusions.
I'm sorry if this is going against people's views... I meant no offense.

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 7/24/2017 at 7:17 PM, Gregg_Seipp said:

I'm okay with a dev making another version of that airport...especially if they can do a bit of the city and the giant visual landmark, Stone Mountain.

Would love to see Stone Mountain included!

12 hours ago, captain420 said:

Perhaps you need better education in geography.

Let's take a look.

asia_southern_pol_2004.jpg

Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Kazakstan, Malaysia, Somalia, Afghanistan, Baghdad 

It's certainly the case that there are developing countries in Asia (Vietnam included), but I think you'll find that Ethiopia and Somalia are in Africa. Also, Baghdad is a city, not a country...

I do have to wonder how many people writing in this thread have actually been to East Asia. While it's true that average income is lower in some of the major cities than say in a US city of comparable size, the fact that the cost of labor is much lower means that the middle and upper class standard of living can actually be effectively much higher. If anything, the average upper-middle class person in Manila or Bangkok might well have more disposable income for simming than your average middle class person in New York or Chicago, because costs for things like housing and labor are so much lower (even on a lower salary).

Besides, careful with generalizations. Asia is a big place. Hong Kong is as different from Dhaka as London is from Tirana.

James

• Upvote 3

I'd love to see CYYC, CYEG or CYWG...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

18 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Are you really asking this question? There's no Flightsimmers from Ha Noi, Vietnam. (Most of Asia is 3rd world countries) Follow the money. 99% of FlightSim market is in US and the EU

Is this statement based on fact? Or just trying to make a point. 

I live on a 2nd World Caribbean island with NO flight simmers. I only know one other simmer (:cool:take a bow H) here on the island. Just because the Caribbean has very few simmers hasn't stopped devs like Aerosoft, Taxi2Gate, FlyTampa, TropicSim and LatinVFR from developing addo-ons of airports in this part of the world. Clearly the 99% of US and EU simmers want to fly their digital aircraft down to the sunny shores of Caribbean destinations. I am sure many of this "99%" would like to venture over to the Far East also.

I don't think "the money" is the issue with regards to how many Asian airport add-ons we see developed and released.

• Upvote 4

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

2 hours ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

I don't think "the money" is the issue with regards to how many Asian airport add-ons we see developed and released.

Hello Anthony,

It really is the money my friend, at least with the developers who are in business to turn a profit. I say this because we do have payware flight sim developers who either don't do any market research or they aren't interested in turning a profit. Additionally, a payware developer will sometimes release a product to test the waters.  But all that aside, your developers such as FlyTampa, FSDT, Flight Beam, LatinVFR, Taxi2Gate, etc. are interested in producing airports that are going to sell to as many people as possible.  What other motive would they have?

Generally speaking, freeware developers base their airports on either:

- Where they live or any airport they have an emotional attachment to, or

- Airports which are popular with flight simmers, especially on VATSIM/IVAO.

BY THE WAY.... there is a flight sim developer from Hong Kong (still lives there) who has developed extremely popular flight sim software used by thousands of people... and getting ready to release two more products that will be used by thousands more!  But his products are not scenery though, but they are used by people from all over the world.  For privacy reasons I can't divulge who the developer is - just thought I'd share that as Hong Kong was mentioned!

Best wishes to everyone.

Now there are exceptions to every rule, and as such it's not really worth taking about exceptions, but rather the largest percentage of projects.

My very best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hello Anthony,

It really is the money my friend, at least with the developers who are in business to turn a profit.

I totally understand that businesses are out to make profits. I should have said "the money" is not the only reason certain airports/regions are overlooked or even cancelled. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, access to the airports are also a factor that can make or break a project.

You are absolutely right though, the bottom line is making products that will sell well.

By the way Dave, I have always wanted to give the shared cockpit experience a try. Sounds like fun....flying with a buddy in the same aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

1 hour ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

By the way Dave, I have always wanted to give the shared cockpit experience a try. Sounds like fun....flying with a buddy in the same aircraft.

You should!  It's absolutely amazing.  I have over 6000 hours over 12 years flying shared cockpit, and I'm still think it's the best way of flying.  In fact, I made one today - Orlando to Columbia - about  4 hours if I recall correctly, and it was a TERRIFIC, fun filled flight!

There are several loose knit shared cockpit groups out there, and even though they seem to wax and wane I bet you could find someone to fly with!  Has to be done right, and with an eye towards computer security.  I wrote several guides that might be helpful to you.  You can find them pinned to the top of the AVSIM Shared Cockpit forum!

My very best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 7/29/2017 at 11:03 PM, captain420 said:

The US and EU already have enough airports, what about Asia? It's really sad to see that there's not much focus on this region. The world doesn't just comprise of America and Europe. Sigh. Seems like Asia is always last or forgotten about when it comes to flight simming. I would love to see some of these airports being redone or updated to be 100% Prepar3D v4 compatible and take advantage of its newer features.

I wish FlyTampa, or FSDT, Flightbeam or some of the other top notch airport developers would make

VVTS - Tan Son Nhat International (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)

VVNB - Noi Bai International Airport (Ha Noi, Vietnam)

VTBS - Suvarnabhumi Airport (Bangkok, Thailand)

RKSI - Incheon Airport (Incheon, Korea)

VTSP - Phuket International Airport (Thailand)

RCTP - Taoyuan International Airport (Taipei, Taiwan)

WSSS - Singapore Changi Airport

ZSPD - Shanghai Pudong International Airport (Shanghai, China)

RJTT - Narita International (Japan)

RPLL - Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Manila, Philippines)

I know  most of these airports already exist, but they are extremely outdated and could use a nice refresh. 

On 7/30/2017 at 0:25 AM, sfgiants13 said:

Pacsim did RCTP.  I don't have it but the screenshots look very good.  Imaginesim is also doing WSSS.

As well as ImagineSim; Aerosoft are doing their own version of Singapore Changi too.

Just the former is due out a lot sooner I think.

9 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

You should!  It's absolutely amazing.  I have over 6000 hours over 12 years flying shared cockpit, and I'm still think it's the best way of flying. 

I find the Dash 8 and Airbus range too limiting for shared cockpit - as amazing as it is.  We need the PMDG aircraft 

Yes, I really wish PMDG planes would have shared cockpit support, that would be awesome!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

I find the Dash 8 and Airbus range to limiting for shared cockpit

Hey ErichB, can you please open a topic in the Shared Cockpit Forum and repost your initial comment?  It would make for a great discussion, but I don't want to derail this thread by replying here.

Many thanks!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges