Sign in to follow this  
fisherm

737 6700

I just purchased the 737-6700  Expansion pack for prepar3d v4 on the PMDG website and when I run the installer its says Installation cannot continue. Your Registry does not show a valid Prepar3d(tm) installation Location.

is there a fix for this?

Michael Fisher

The 600/700 expansion hasn't been released for P3Dv4. Maybe the end of the month,

NAX669.png

Check this...

"Compatible with any Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v2.4-v3.x License Level.
Will be Prepar3D v4 compatible sometime prior to June 22, 2059."

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Oh, look at that. They started using 64bit counters for time! At least something is v4 compatible there... :-)

Actually i was able to get it to work. I had to restore some paths in the registry to my p3d v3 installation. I ran the installer and it is working inside of p3d v4

12 minutes ago, fisherm said:

Actually i was able to get it to work. I had to restore some paths in the registry to my p3d v3 installation. I ran the installer and it is working inside of p3d v4

You do know that this isn't supported by PMDG at all...and you'll get no support.

Also first and last names on your posts.

Firstly My name is Michael Fisher

And I actually submitted a ticket directly on the PMDG webpage and told them what I did.

And why would I ask for support when I was able to fix it in the first place WITHOUT their help?

6 minutes ago, fisherm said:

Firstly My name is Michael Fisher

And I actually submitted a ticket directly on the PMDG webpage and told them what I did.

And why would I ask for support when I was able to fix it in the first place WITHOUT their help?

Because the version of the 600/700 is not compatible with P3Dv4 and it's only a matter of time before you start having issues. You may think it's working now, but there's a reason it's taken months to make them compatible with v4. But you'll be right, nobody else thought of just installing the v3 version in v4.

Who cares what he does?  If it works for him, great, if not then oh well.

4 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

Who cares what he does?  If it works for him, great, if not then oh well.

It's important for people to know what a supported use, and an unsupported use is, honestly. It's not unreasonable for someone to point this out.

Kyle Rodgers

Sure, from PMDG yes...but too many classroom monitors in here.  Almost like being in first grade again. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dal330200 said:

Sure, from PMDG yes...but too many classroom monitors in here.  Almost like being in first grade again. 

Thank you for sharing.

Dan Downs KCRP

12 hours ago, dal330200 said:

I personally don't believe anything I said was unreasonable..the easier we can make it for the team the better for everyone.

2 hours ago, Mark1102 said:

I personally don't believe anything I said was unreasonable..the easier we can make it for the team the better for everyone.

Agreed.

Provided people point these things out politely, my job (and the rest of the mod's jobs) get much easier. Seeing that moderating the forum is tacked on to all of our other tasks, this frees us up to do other things.

Kyle Rodgers