Where Simmers hail from

2 hours ago, mario340500 said:

10Kms

2 hours ago, pete_auau said:

22kms

8 hours ago, Freo said:

180 Km

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

but I just can't understand a damned thing you lot say!  LOL!

dave

I apologise for my fellow ..... just divide by 2 & you'll understand.

my home is 20nm north of yssy / close to YPLB. !! 

• Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin

9 hours ago, zmak said:

Bangkok, Thailand

Beer,flight simming, foot massasges...in that order

What is wrong with together.....

I am from Australia but live in Chiangrai Thailand

Harry Woodrow

Relocated from KEWR area to KFHB area 10 years ago. Much better!

Dan Cole

1 hour ago, harrry said:

What is wrong with together.....

I am from Australia but live in Chiangrai Thailand

Normally who gives you the foot massage will have to go under the desk..If...this makes it wrong them together.. :D 

Ahmet Can

20 minutes ago, costamesa said:

Normally who gives you the foot massage will have to go under the desk..If...this makes it wrong them together.. :D 

True and having your feet off the rudder pedals in turns means sliding and sick passengers as the airline food slams against stomach walls. 

ZORAN

3 hours ago, vadriver said:

I apologise for my fellow ..... just divide by 2 & you'll understand.

LMAO!

I have a U.S. Southern accent, meaning that nobody understands me, and everyone laughs at me! 

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Austin, TX  near KAUS which I managed the building of and opened it in 1999.

20 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

I'm not too far from you, relative to some others.  I live in northern Alabama.

I would say a fellow southern boy, but it wouldn't really be true, although I've been down here since '87 and some say I've picked up the accent.

I was born in New York City and raised in northern Ohio. I lived 7 years in southern Florida and stopped in Alabama on my way back to Ohio.  Never went any  further.

I know what you mean about people not understanding what flight simming is, although I have been fortunate enough to run into several commercial airline and private pilots that knew exactly what I was talking about and would be interested right away. 

One was a 747 cargo pilot and he gave me a complete set of training manuals for the 747-400 right about the time that I bought the PMDG 747QOTSII.  How cool was that? I really appreciate it because PMDG doesn't offer the bound manuals anymore.

Nice are you up around Huntsville or Muscle Shoals?  Great area up there

23 hours ago, Chock said:

UK, about 5 miles east of Manchester Airport (EGCC) :cool:

Thats great.  You seem like a great lad.. haha.  Good information from you. one day i am coming to visit for sure! 

23 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Greenville SC. I worked at Lake Charles LA as an ATC until the strike in 1981. What part of cagun country do you live?

Lafayette :)

23 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Louisiana?  Pensacola here.

I think I'm accurate is saying that both Sales Demographics, VATSIM and IVAO activity (not suggesting there is a link between them, merely saying that they demonstrate the same thing) show that Europe leads the flight sim community in terms of numbers, followed by the U.S.  But over 30 years I've personally had conversations, flew with or performed tech support for flight simmers in:

Hong Kong, Thailand, Philippines, Japan, Guam, Hawaii, Canada (a.k.a. the land of :happy: ... lol), Mexico, many South American Countries, Many different islands in the Caribbean, all of Europe, South Africa, Algiers, and Turkey. In fact, the only place I think I haven't met a flight simmer is China and most of the middle eastern countries.

But again, the vast majority seem to be from Europe and the U.S.

Thats true, lots of Brits do it.  

11 minutes ago, Saucey12 said:

Lafayette :)

Cool! Used to give and take hand offs from those guys. All the time. Oh for some crawfish and boudan! After the the strike I worked for Halliburton for a. year but the oil patch wasn't my cup of tea so I moved back to SC.

Vic green