Sign in to follow this  
Saucey12

Where Simmers hail from

I'm a Canadian, born in New Brunswick, but I've lived most of my life in Vancouver, BC. and its suburbs. I now live in Surrey, BC, about 11 kms west of CYNJ, and only a few kms northeast of CSK8, both of which are in FSX/P3D (at least, with ORBX Pacific Northwest). Incidentally, I work about a block away from CYNJ, which has quite a lot of GA traffic. I often hear GA aircraft overhead as they take off from the airport.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Lake District, UK. (don't laugh - someone has to live there to keep the sheep company!!).

If I turn West then I fall into the Irish Sea.... and East - then I am up to my neck in Touroids with cameras thinking that I am doing a Donald Campbell Tribute Act.

[memo to self: I really should get the hang of Float Planes]. :blush:

• Upvote 1

Cape Town born and raised. Have been living in London for 21 years.

Yep, I'm from Port Macquarie,NSW, Australia.  That's halfway from sydney to Brisbane. I've lived here for 76 years now.   Have been flying FSX since it was just a few green lines and a couple of gauges.  I've licenced on ultralight, owned a microlight and a nanolight (Dragonfly)   Now my horizons are narrowed by necessity, have turned back to FSX.  What changes have been made!    Am keen to fly with local simmers and your social version of ATWR sounds GREAT!   I would welcome contact with others - especially locals.    BigglesG

Born in Ohio but have lived in Kentucky for over 20 years. Have my commercial pilot license w/ multi-engine rating as well as certified flight instructor instrument. Changed careers so now I sim because flying real planes is too darn expensive for a hobby! 😃

On 9/30/2017 at 10:09 PM, JRMurray said:

I'm a Canadian, born in New Brunswick, but I've lived most of my life in Vancouver, BC. and its suburbs. I now live in Surrey, BC, about 11 kms west of CYNJ, and only a few kms northeast of CSK8, both of which are in FSX/P3D (at least, with ORBX Pacific Northwest). Incidentally, I work about a block away from CYNJ, which has quite a lot of GA traffic. I often hear GA aircraft overhead as they take off from the airport.

Nice to see another local nearby! 

• Like 1

Sante Sottile

Where are you located, Tino?

Just now, JRMurray said:

Where are you located, Tino?

3km south of YVR. :ph34r:

Sante Sottile

😉

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 12:00 AM, Chock said:

UK, about 5 miles east of Manchester Airport (EGCC) :cool:

You must be next door then I went to Manchester airport yesterday a 20min journey took 1hr 15min  to pick up my daughter coming back from Skiathos. 😀 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

You must be next door then I went to Manchester airport yesterday a 20min journey took 1hr 15min  to pick up my daughter coming back from Skiathos. 😀 

Probably a good fifty percent of that journey was getting through the contraflow at Shadow Moss Lane I bet lol. I have to set off an hour before I start work there just because the staff bus from the East Staff Car Park is always in a traffic jam. I'm on nights there and it is even bad at that time and will be until at least August cos of the roadworks.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Orlando, Florida.

Picked up a copy of FS98 in Osan Air Base, South Korea in 1997 out of boredom, looking for something to do while I was in the barracks. Got every copy that came out after that, up to FSX-SE, which is what I use, now. I haven't been able to justify moving up to whatever the new stuff is because I have too much invested in FSX-SE.

Hi Mike, I remember MSflight Sim when it was just a couple of 2D gauges and a couple of green lines on the screen.   It's come a long way and we've both kept updating.  Now I see the day when I will need to update from 32 bit to 64 bit and the choice is P3D or XPlane 11.   I wish P3D was a fairer price because the add-ons we have for FSX-SE can mostly work with both.   Perhaps Lockheed Martin is struggling to make a buck - or is it just 'gouging'?  I don't want to claim the student version as that is dishonest.   Shame it costs so much more to be an honest customer.