Sign in to follow this  
mikebxb

C441 great plane

With the startlocks engaged the blades are at a completely flat pitch. (depending on the air and cfg file this doesn't necessary happen at 0 deg).

If you apply power (the powerlevers aren't locked IRL) the prop RPM will increase, but the blades remain at a flat pitch and basically no torque is being generated.

That's what can make taxiing interesting IRL, if one prop comes of the startlocks and the other one doesn't.

7 minutes ago, J35OE said:

With the startlocks engaged the blades are at a completely flat pitch. (depending on the air and cfg file this doesn't necessary happen at 0 deg).

If you apply power (the powerlevers aren't locked IRL) the prop RPM will increase, but the blades remain at a flat pitch and basically no torque is being generated.

That's what can make taxiing interesting IRL, if one prop comes of the startlocks and the other one doesn't.

So, what's unrealistic about their implementation then?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

31 minutes ago, J35OE said:

Unfortunately, FSX/P3D does not allow direct manipulation of beta angle.  It comes as a result primarily from fuel flow.  So without building some complicated .dll, restricting fuel flow is the only way it can be simulated.  I have the RABZAM Metro, but I haven't flown it more than a couple of times.  I will look later but my guess is that they use a .dll that we can't see into to control the start locks. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

So, what's unrealistic about their implementation then?

The powerlevers are locked and the blades aren't at a flat pitch.

28 minutes ago, J35OE said:

The powerlevers are locked and the blades aren't at a flat pitch.

Thanks.  That explains it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

@whamil77

Here's a pretty good video that might help you.

• Upvote 1

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals