Sign in to follow this  
Parping Couplet

Flight Simming - The Hobby That Always Under-Delivered - Until Now

On 7/26/2017 at 1:15 PM, JYW said:

Great thread.

I will jump to P3Dv4 as soon as Flight 1 release their V4 version of the GTN750.    Couldn't do without that for now! :biggrin:

I'm doing without the GTN 750 Bill, but it isn't easy.  :bengong:     I am loving P3Dv4 though.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Bill  N7IBG     

On 26/07/2017 at 3:02 AM, BobP said:

All I have done since installing P3dV4  a couple of weeks ago is fly. Every day with smooth motion and not a single CTD do to P3dV4.(I'm retired :)) None. I load up the simulator in the morning and fly any where in  the world with the Queen V3 and the NGX. It's amazing to me to select a location and plane without concerns for  stuttering,  VAS depletion or a sim crash.

Bob 

Ditto I love v4. Just wish fsl would pull there finger out they have had 3+ months to convert the 320 and a year to release sp1

14ppkc-6.png

OOMs were never an issue for me in V3 but rather performance. Now with V4 oh boy...never seen such a beautiful draw distance and lighting effects. I increased pretty much all the scenery settings up to very high and also added land and sea traffic. Performance is good, not perfect but way better than V3 at lower settings. This is even better than the switch from FSX to P3Dv3.

5 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

Have you installed EGHI? Objectflow works perfectly fine and the airport is great in P3Dv4.

Looks like your the only one on this planet with a working ORBX objectflow for v4 as this isn't released yet .... okay, the beta guys will already have one ;-)

The airports themself work but there missing animated objects like persons, windsocks etc.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Really need my GTN 750/650's as well. Hope it won't take forever. Still waiting for Aerosoft Airbus A330, FSLabs A320, and QW 787, and then my life will be almost complete.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

12 minutes ago, captain420 said:

QW 787, 

I'm very intrigued by this one.  I REALLY hope they hit this one out the ballpark.

• Upvote 1

Same here Erich. I'm dying to get my hands on it. I just hope it will be out soon. But I heard FSX version will be out first.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yeah and hopefully we'll see the p3d version quickly after all five people still left using fsx have bought theirs :laugh:

• Upvote 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm really missing my Citation Mustang, GTN 750, GNS 530, and Accufeel. Other than that, v4 is amazing.

I did so much testing with different sceneries that I had to do a full reinstall.

But now I have a good understanding of p3d v4. :biggrin:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Breaking out the low altitude charts and flying via vor's and intersections is fun and helps pass the time waiting for a gps to release for p3dv4.

• Upvote 1

Or just cheat with FS Commander or your favorite flight tracking/planning software ... it's like having a personal ATC that follows you around the globe ... haha

Cheers, Rob.

On 7/30/2017 at 10:43 PM, Bert Pieke said:

I, like you, now have FSX on the back burner.

It still has some of the addons that I like (and that are not yet available for V4).

Things like the GNS/GTN gauges, the F33 Bonanza, and the Phenom300..

But, also like you, every time I go back to FSX, it suddenly looks like yesterday's sim... It is going to stay on my harddrive for a while, but probably not get a lot of use..

Right now, my Baytower RV7 takes me on many very nice flights in V4, and the world looks better than it ever has :biggrin:

For my settings, go to the bottom of this thread:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126112

Thanks Bert, I remember that like me, you were initially a little hesitant to jump to P3D and it was a thread last week where I saw you describe P3Dv4 as "FSX XI" that urged me to give it a go! :biggrin:

Oh I didn't know the Bay Tower RV7 was compatible - will have to give that a go.  At the moment, I'm enjoying the little A2A C172 as it's te only A2A I have a P3D licence for, along with a bunch of Carenado craft.   Things like the CAR Meridian that used to see a FPS drop in FSX just fly in P3Dv4 (pun intended) !

I'll definitely check out your settings.

Cheers.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

20 minutes ago, JYW said:

Oh I didn't know the Bay Tower RV7 was compatible - will have to give that a go. 

Two things on the RV7,  you need to replace the GTX327 transponder,  and you need the latest RV7 build, or you get missing parts in the model.

Send me a PM if you need help with that..

Bert

Don't forget we also now have an updated 64bit sound DLL for those of you using any aircraft (freeware or payware) that needs it ... like Manfred's C-47, or RealAir Legacy/TDuke ... dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll.

But most important the lack of OOM threads ... probably killing AVSIM traffic numbers ;) haha

I'm still waiting on a few updates, GTN 750/650 and REX/Milviz Weather Radar ... maybe a few airports I miss but with so many new ones coming out almost daily I got places to fly.

Cheers, Rob.

7 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Or just cheat with FS Commander or your favorite flight tracking/planning software ... it's like having a personal ATC that follows you around the globe ... haha

Cheers, Rob.

That really is true.  I keep FSC open on another monitor and really don't need to look at a GPS very much.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale