Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Water reflections bug

Hi Guys,

I have read many threads, searched many websites, but could not manage to find a fix for this. Can you help?

Any chance it will be fixed on 11.02 final?

Thanks for any suggestions.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I have the same problem as you and find it incredibly distracting. Sadly, this like some other rendering bugs (really dark buildings and glowing trees) don't seem to be a priority at the moment (They are instead working on performance for VR)

• Upvote 1

Just the nature of software development in that what is important for one person isn't for another. I just hope they don't forget about it and leave it till X-Plane 11.20 or something.

The best we can do is probably raise a bug report and if enough people report the same problem it might be given a higher weight. Additionally, adding as much information as possible into the ticket can help the devs work out the problem quicker. So if you haven't already.... http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

• Upvote 2

That's what puzzles me. I know there's lua files and whatnot that can fix this, along with many other little niggles but we need to download FlyWithLUA, the complete edition to even get them working, then the addon itself to fix something that is but a few modified lines of code. Why can't LR do this as a temporary solution until they implement their new water update? Why leave it like this when it's apparently so easy to fix? Especially as it's quite a downgrade over what we had in X-Plane 10. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

22 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Why can't LR do this as a temporary solution until they implement their new water update?

Extremly dangerous. It would be code hiding. Developers often have the problem that they don't work on a single problemn at the same time. Often enough priority bugs force you to work on totally different problems. Such settings normally forces the simulator uinto a certain code path, but if you try to find the problem you have to see the problem. Such hacks are helpfull if you want to find the problem, but if you have an enforced program behaviour in your general system you ofthen enough forget this hack and try to watch a codepath that is never called..

Since they will do major changes in the rendering anyway in 11.10 which is only weeks away, In the beta phase of 11.10 they can experiment since the complete rendering engine is in doubt anyway. 11.01 and 11.02 only contained rather simple bug fixes but no general rewrites of bigger functions.

5 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

That's what puzzles me. I know there's lua files and whatnot that can fix this, along with many other little niggles but we need to download FlyWithLUA, the complete edition to even get them working, then the addon itself to fix something that is but a few modified lines of code. Why can't LR do this as a temporary solution until they implement their new water update? Why leave it like this when it's apparently so easy to fix? Especially as it's quite a downgrade over what we had in X-Plane 10. 

Its not a fix, they are just turning off the reflections.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar