Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanP

Just Flight C-130

Guest KFD

Is the Just Flight C-130 just an upmodded Captain Sim aircraft - they seem very similar?KFD

It IS the Captain Sim C-130. The Just Flight package does have a RAF Lyneham scenery package, and adds a RAF VC-10 tanker refueling module. There are something like 50 repaints included with the package, though I don't know if there are any repaints that you can't already get for free from elsewhere. There is a Blue Angles Fat Albert included, but it will not have the JATO's that the Captain Sim C-130T expansion has.At the end of January, the Just Flight Guys were estimating the printed manual would be around 160 - 200 pages.No need to buy this version if you already have the Captain Sim Herc, but if you have been holding out for the CD, this is going to be a great package. I'm looking forward to it.Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest KFD

Thanks Tony,I wes a bit worried after I posted this in case people thought I was starting a flame war. I have the Capt Sim version and it is very good - butI do like the sound of the tanker inthe Just Flight version!!Kev

Guest IanP

It looks horribly like the Lago Tornado/F16 VC10 to me... I'm already enjoying the CS C130, so won't be buying the box set but I'm intrigued by the tanker as well.Cheers,Ian P.

Guest KFD

Ian,You gave me an idea! I loaded the Capt Sim C-130 and then called up the LAGO tanker and hey presto - took some catching up though - had to cheat a bit because the tanker is doing about 320 kts and the C130 about 230 kts. Maybe someone can come up with an idea about reducing the tanker speed! I remember when the Victors used to tank the C-130s in the South Atlantic they had to do it in a shallow dive to let the C130 keep up. Maybe Capt Sim might come up with a free patch for those of us with the download version.

I believe the refueling module is by Just Flight, not Captain Sim.Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest IanP

Seeing a couple more shots, if it is the Lago tanker, it's been altered a little.I'm not sure it is, the more I see of it. In that case, we really need someone to develop - and JF to publish, an A-6 Intruder add-on, so we can have a working KA-6D to chase around! :-lolCheers,Ian P.