Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Zibo 737 and standard XP11 flight plan format...

Can you enter a flight plan (XP11 default format) into the Zibo FMS? If so...what's the procedure, please...

If not, is there a conversion program out there to allow you to?

Thanks a bunch.

Mitch

Hi Mitch

Here what I have doing and has work for so far.

Make sure you have the latest Zibo 737-800x build. There have been some additional changes that may have improve the FMC.

Create a flight plan with PFPX, Simbrief  or whatever planner that  can save in the Xplane format.

There is a   “Online flight planning” web site that can output a file in Xplane format as well and it very simple one to use, if you just want something put together quick). Key in using "online flight planner is to file has to be downloaded then copied into Xplane\Output\FMS plans folder.

Here is the steps that has work for me.

Part of this information came for the Zibo 737-800x threads in the Xplane.org but I that I  add a few comments better explains since it can be a little confusin.

================================================================================

Loading a Flight Plan

1) Export the flight plan (from your flight planner) (.fms file) into the:  Xplane\Output\FMS plans folder

Start Xplane.

2) In the right side FMC, Go into ROUTE MENU -> CO ROUTE LIST and press the line select key for the route.

Sticking with the right side FMC  select the int key that brings you back the main menu.

3) Go into ROUTE MENU -> PILOT ROUTE LIST and enter the route using the keypad, (exp. enter KxxxKxxx) and then press the bottom left line select key to save the route.  Close the FMC.   (Use the Init key for closing)

4) In the left side (Captains FMC) go to the RTE page and enter the route name (you just save) using the keypad under CO ROUTE. (This will load up the flight plane into the FMC)

You also have the optional the save it there where it can be reload with all of the your changes.

==============================================================================

I wanted to add a note on the dep and arrival, I did to complete a flight was to make sure the departure.

1) hit the dep/arr key

2) select the runway.

3) select the sid and transition

4) hit exec.

On the arrival

1) hit the dep/arr key

2) select the star

3) transistion

4) select the runway and any addition transition.

5) hit exec

I did this in that order to test for an RNAV approach into KMDW from KBWI.

From a planning prospective it was correct. There is a bug that was sorted out on the "m" release.

I am going to try it again today on another flight to KATL.

Bob

Thanks Bob

Mitch .............................................. RTFM 

:biggrin:

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Great info! I was looking for that too... What other flight planning program besides Plan G can use the XP11 default nav database? I mean for creating plans?

Thanks,

Alexander Colka

19 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

Great info! I was looking for that too... What other flight planning program besides Plan G can use the XP11 default nav database? I mean for creating plans?

Thanks,

I use EFASS. Pretty good , I think even better than PFPX (I have that too) and there are many plugins to download3

alexcolka

I use combination of PFPX and Flightaware.

I know Simbrief and "Online Flight Planning" is use as well.

There is EFASS which has been change to EFASS NG.  I use it as a map mover which has a flight planning component. I have not use it since it move to EFASS NG  was not compatible to my network machine running Win XP. (Upgrading the old machine). EFASS support not only Xplane format but also the other aircraft as well.

I look at the Plan G and look interesting.

Bob

2 hours ago, BobFS88 said:

Hi Mitch

Here what I have doing and has work for so far.

Make sure you have the latest Zibo 737-800x build. There have been some additional changes that may have improve the FMC.

Create a flight plan with PFPX, Simbrief  or whatever planner that  can save in the Xplane format.

There is a   “Online flight planning” web site that can output a file in Xplane format as well and it very simple one to use, if you just want something put together quick). Key in using "online flight planner is to file has to be downloaded then copied into Xplane\Output\FMS plans folder.

Here is the steps that has work for me.

Part of this information came for the Zibo 737-800x threads in the Xplane.org but I that I  add a few comments better explains since it can be a little confusin.

================================================================================

Loading a Flight Plan

1) Export the flight plan (from your flight planner) (.fms file) into the:  Xplane\Output\FMS plans folder

Start Xplane.

2) In the right side FMC, Go into ROUTE MENU -> CO ROUTE LIST and press the line select key for the route.

Sticking with the right side FMC  select the int key that brings you back the main menu.

3) Go into ROUTE MENU -> PILOT ROUTE LIST and enter the route using the keypad, (exp. enter KxxxKxxx) and then press the bottom left line select key to save the route.  Close the FMC.   (Use the Init key for closing)

4) In the left side (Captains FMC) go to the RTE page and enter the route name (you just save) using the keypad under CO ROUTE. (This will load up the flight plane into the FMC)

You also have the optional the save it there where it can be reload with all of the your changes.

==============================================================================

I wanted to add a note on the dep and arrival, I did to complete a flight was to make sure the departure.

1) hit the dep/arr key

2) select the runway.

3) select the sid and transition

4) hit exec.

On the arrival

1) hit the dep/arr key

2) select the star

3) transistion

4) select the runway and any addition transition.

5) hit exec

I did this in that order to test for an RNAV approach into KMDW from KBWI.

From a planning prospective it was correct. There is a bug that was sorted out on the "m" release.

I am going to try it again today on another flight to KATL.

Bob

Thanks Bob! :)

1 hour ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Thanks Bob

Mitch .............................................. RTFM 

:biggrin:

Too busy flying the da*n thing! :))))))

Thanks to all that pointed a way for me...much appreciated! :)))))

7 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Too busy flying the da*n thing! :))))))

Thanks to all that pointed a way for me...much appreciated! :)))))

It's an awesome mod. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus