Sign in to follow this  
Jovabra

Aerosoft & CRJ 700/900

I am sorry but I have seen the more professional side of software engineers who work feverously to meet a concrete launch date because the delivery of a new sim will not wait for an "it's done when it's done" amateur attitude. People get fired and it costs my company millions to miss a launch. Not to mention a chink in our very high professional reputation.

Because it is entertainment, means they get a free pass and don't have to be professional?!? I am sorry but these companies deserve to get blasted. Maybe if those who report on these companies started holding them accountable for missed launched dates as opposed to pandering to them then the companies would start to act like professionals again.

Not just picking on Aerosoft here, there are a few others, some who took peoples money years ago and still fail to deliver... 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, KenG said:

I am sorry but I have seen the more professional side of software engineers who work feverously to meet a concrete launch date because the delivery of a new sim will not wait for an "it's done when it's done" amateur attitude. People get fired and it costs my company millions to miss a launch. Not to mention a chink in our very high professional reputation.

Because it is entertainment, means they get a free pass and don't have to be professional?!? I am sorry but these companies deserve to get blasted. Maybe if those who report on these companies started holding them accountable for missed launched dates as opposed to pandering to them then the companies would start to act like professionals again.

Not just picking on Aerosoft here, there are a few others, some who took peoples money years ago and still fail to deliver... 

Well, so long as it is companies which have had some money of us, then yes, I'd agree they deserve to get slammed and it is in fact for that very reason why there are one or two flight sim add-on developers (and that includes some big names) which have had their last cent off me, so more often than not, I simply vote with my wallet.

I agree too, it probably is a case of some laziness or a sloppy work ethic which contributes to some of the delays we see with many bits of software, although we also have to bear in mind that not every developer is full time.

Having said that, if I did the kind of a half-arsed job which I see in some flight sim add-ons in my own line of work, I'd be in real trouble and out of work in a matter of days. Moreover, when I used to write for daily newspapers, there was no such thing as missing a deadline or saying you 'couldn't do it', you got the thing done, it was as simple as that, and if you couldn't hack it, you'd be gone. It was a tough regime of course, but it was one which got people good at their jobs quickly because the sink or swim environment determined whether one remained in employment. I find that anyone who isn't pathetic at their job doesn't mind that regime at all and in fact takes pride in it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The CRJ most certainly will sell quite well.... 2 Reasons.... Major gap in the market for a quality RJ because lets call a spade a spade, Wilco is not high end with the Embraer stuff and 3... It's Aerosoft..... Say what you want about Aerosoft because you are annoyed at how long it is taking but they develop quality. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Spel said:

The CRJ most certainly will sell quite well.... 2 Reasons.... Major gap in the market for a quality RJ because lets call a spade a spade, Wilco is not high end with the Embraer stuff and 3... It's Aerosoft..... Say what you want about Aerosoft because you are annoyed at how long it is taking but they develop quality. 

Additionally, it's a short hauler - fits people's available time and it's also reasonably poplular in Europe and the US.  I could't imagine it selling any less than the Airbus did.

• Upvote 1

The CRJ will sell well. The demand  is there because the short haul market is thin. And that is probably  why Aerosoft is not pressured to release it unless they are completely  satisfied with the final product. PMDG has set a high bar for flight sim airliners and this influences the rest of the market. What will really interest me is whether after all the fine tuning and tinkering that Aerosoft  has put into the CRJ, is whether they will put the same level of effort into their Airbus update for V4.

3 hours ago, ukplane1 said:

I think the funny thing is the CRJ won't even sell that well.

Hmmmm....riiiiiight.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I should think a decent simulation of the good old Lawndart will sell well enough, the fact that people are still whining about its long overdue status instead of just giving up on it means they are evidently interested, and whatever we say, the fact is most Aerosoft stuff is of excellent quality when it does eventually make it out of the development hangar. It is somewhat ironic that many airlines have actually started to retire their earlier model CRJs before the thing is even out though lol, it makes Level D's infamous development timetable lethargy look like Speedy Gonzalez.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 7/25/2017 at 10:12 AM, Greggy_D said:

There is no way possible to make August, especially with the amount of new code that is going to be in the product.

Called it.  The existing Airbus line is now TBA.  And it has a new name:

Aerosoft A320/A321 Edition 2018  tba             Full P3D V4 features

Aerosoft A318/A319 Edition 2018  tba             Full P3D V4 features

Aerosoft A330 Edition 2018       tba             Full P3D V4 features

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/123481-whats-p3d-v4-compatible/

On 7/26/2017 at 11:08 PM, KenG said:

Many of these "companies" consist of programmers who have other jobs and code when they can. Also who knows what issues ALPHA and BETA testing throw up. Usual story of fix one line and break others.

The real issue is the pathetically impatient and immature attitude of many simmers on this and other forums.

Cheers

Steve Hall

10 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Called it.  The existing Airbus line is now TBA.  And it has a new name:

The call wasn't that hard, was it? :)

And of course it is only called 2018 for maketing reasons, of course it will be released in 2017 (their words) :D

These kind of things make me only buy there, when I absolutely have to... I will pass on the Airbusses this time and only the CRJ comes to mind now. Airports I am never buying from them.

7 hours ago, cowpatz said:

The real issue is the pathetically impatient and immature attitude of many simmers on this and other forums.

Come on, how can you blame them. If you read 2010 "It will be released this summer" and 2011 "It will be ready this year" and 2012 and 2013 and 2015 there is a countdown which stopps at 9 days and two years later there is still nothing... what do you expect? But actually there is only a hand full of people still engaged in this thread. Most people lost interest I suppose.

BTW. The Salzburg and Innsbruck preview threads are also fun to read :) Tahiti another great example. But they always brag about how open and honest they are to their customers...

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

7 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

But they always brag about how open and honest they are to their customers...

Actually they are one of the most transparent of developers Ive seen. Sure, the release dates are waaay off which is another reason why the majority dont give release dates whatsoever because of the backlash, but at least if you read through the thread, Mathijs does give updates occasionally including bug lists status, and quite a few preview WIP pics. Stefan had/has updates every Friday usually for textures. 

On 7/26/2017 at 1:08 PM, KenG said:

But this must be with contracts with other companies. Its also likely not something that is about 40-50$. The developer is one man show (Hans)  not a whole group of people. For whatever reason, some professional contract took priority before  and put the CRJ project out a couple years. That sucks for us, but then again we dont have a pre paid purchase, or contract so touch luck for us. 

Also the policy of not paying for files we have already I think is one of the most reasonable and fairest of policies around the sim world. Whereas some other unnamed devs choose to charge full price twice over for slightly different platforms. The 2018 buses with a 16eur upgrade because there is 60% new files makes it quite doable. Why pay for files we already have? Makes sense to me.

Sure the delays really suck and its downright frustrating, and the projected release dates are a mirage, but in the end it will arrive and we will all enjoy it im sure in new platform like v4 with new features and no chance of OOM. 

• Upvote 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

3 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Actually they are one of the most transparent of developers Ive seen.

Sorry, but what is the transparency helping if ALL the information given is plain wrong. Show me one time, where it was only near the truth...

Then I prefer the other way... to be quiet till you have something sure... Like Orbx... when previews pop up, you know, you will get your hands on it soon. And no, it is no option, just not to read the preview thread... the news pop up everywhere... or threads like this.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

5 hours ago, officercrockey said:

Sorry, but what is the transparency helping if ALL the information given is plain wrong. Show me one time, where it was only near the truth...

Then I prefer the other way... to be quiet till you have something sure... Like Orbx... when previews pop up, you know, you will get your hands on it soon. And no, it is no option, just not to read the preview thread... the news pop up everywhere... or threads like this.

To be fair, Aerosoft are a much smaller company than Orbx, and they need to keep the public engaged with upcoming projects from an early stage. If they just work on new projects in the background and don't let people know they will lose a lot more customers due to sheer boredom, and thinking there is nothing in the pipeline.

TBH, I'm as disappointed as everyone else. I moved completely to P3Dv4 about 6 weeks ago, and the only thing I miss is the A32x series. Sure I'd like to have it back right now, but that's not going to happen. People need to get over it and stop moaning about it. There are plenty of other options out there. And for those who haven't moved to P3Dv4, well what has changed? They still have all their old addons working.

Get over yourselves and enjoy what you have. 

Best regards,

Neal McCullough