Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Henry Tomkiewicz - AI and more

It's pretty rare that I single out an individual, but I wanted to take a moment and give Henry a long overdue commendation for his work, along with Dee Waldron, on providing marvelous AI models for our community. Although Henry has recently released a commercial package at htaimodels.com, he is most widely known for numerous bizjets and light corporate aircraft that he has freely given our community over many eons. His IAI Westwind, Lears and more recently, his Gulfstream V aren't just AI models--they are remarkably accurate given their low poly count. I have used them on many occasions for my screenshots here at Avsim. For AI models, they also have great handling and flight dynamics. Search the file library here or Henry's site, and you'll find many of his creations. Through shrewd texturing and extremely clever modeling there's some aircraft that take my breath away. The B200 Super King Air that Henry collaborated on is my default aircraft, for example.Anyway, thanks to Henry (and Dee) for their efforts over the years. Even though Henry has commercial projects now, he still takes the time to release great projects like the G-V. They may be AI aircraft, but there's also a lot of labor and care showing in his work. The "big boys"--fine add-ons with all the bells & whistles such as VC's, pushback tugs, and voluptuous virtual passengers :)--almost always get well deserved attention here. Although AI is often "under the radar" in terms of mention in these forums, I hope Henry's work is just as much appreciated.-JohnHere is a link to Henry's site:http://www.htaimodels.com/And Dee's site as wellhttp://81.208.92.5/dee_cp/fs_projects/

Guest jennifer

Seconded John. Whenever I used Henry or Dee's models in my uploaded packages I always mentioned their names and expressed gratitude for their sterling contribution to the AI section of FS. The aviation scene at my airports has been transformed as a result of the availability of their models especially after installing Ultimate GA's packages. Now my airports are teeming with both commercial and GA traffic. . . . bl##dy marvellous!!:-)

Guest alex333

>Although AI is often "under the>radar" in terms of mention in these forums, I hope Henry's>work is just as much appreciated.>>-JohnIt is indeed! I couldn't agree more :)Alex from Germany

Well said John! I have used Henry (and Dee)'s aircraft for my AI for awhile now and recently purchased his payware package as a show of support more than anything else, but was amazed at the work and detail it has. Tie downs, chocks, numerous paintjobs and a traffic BGL, awesome stuff. Waiting for his Piper package now as well!While his aircraft are not flyable for me (need a VC) the detail in his models is close to many high end detailed models. Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest 727Fan

Count me in to salute and thank the Tomkiewicz-Waldron duo for really breaking open the GA AI field. All of the default GA aircraft in my sim have been replaced by their models.I too use VC equipped aircraft for my flights. But the "sport" of adding the right mix of AI aircraft was usually what flag would adorn a B737 or A320. Except for a few exceptional artists, GA AI was nonexisent. Now with the creations of Henry and Dee, GA airfields actually present more aircraft diversity than the big commercial airports. And that's fun when doing flight plans.Heck, I enjoy adding GA AI traffic and just sitting near the active and watching my new world unfold. That's fun too!Thanks Henry and Dee. I know my FS world is so much better with your work.Rick (KMKE)

Add me to the list of those who greatly appreciate the efforts of both Henry and Dee. My FS world wouldn't be half as much fun without their work.KP

I did not realize he had a payware package. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Tony

Many thanks to all who replied to this thread. I hope FS-X, in whatever form the final product arrives in, supports some of Henry and Dee's work. Both have certainly offered us richer skies.-John