Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Autopilot turn Knob - Assignment

Recommended Posts

Hey pilots!

Currently I am setting up views and controls for the awesome DC6 in FSX... is anyone aware of an possible key assignment for the AP Turn knob? Because of the position and the limitations in sim (you know, no real arms and hands) it seems impossible to turn the aircraft left or right while looking out of the window. I have the payware version of FSUIPC but did not find an assignment so far.

Thank you very much!


Klaus Schmitzer

5Cr0uqg.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you guys over at PMDG planning something like a 2D Panel for the Autopilot? This would be awesome! 

Or assignable keys?


Klaus Schmitzer

5Cr0uqg.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rhinozherous said:

Are you guys over at PMDG planning something like a 2D Panel for the Autopilot?

I don't think so, no. The only pop up is the GPS.

2 minutes ago, Rhinozherous said:

Or assignable keys?

Given the function of the knob, I don't think this is possible.


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Rhinozherous said:

Thanks! 

So I will trie to find the right camera angle.

You need only yo see the HSI and the turn indicator in order to know your hdg. No need to look outside during the turn


Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Olympic260 said:

You need only yo see the HSI and the turn indicator in order to know your hdg. No need to look outside during the turn

Yeah I know, I already have my cam view setup to see the controls and the main panel...

But it feels uncomfortable :-P It is like steering a car without looking out of the window.

But as there is no solution I am absolute okay with this. Fortunately I use EZDOK to set it up.

 


Klaus Schmitzer

5Cr0uqg.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We already have a view defined which was just made for that situation. You see the AP interface and the main flight instrument. I flip to that turn the knob and you quickly get a feel for the bank angle you want. Switch back to looking forward and stop the turn in advance of target heading, switch to it again to put the knob back to neutral. 


Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

But as there is no solution I am absolute okay with this.

I only look down at the turn knob to start the turn then I look back to the windscreen/panel pilot view.  I usually set the turn knob to a mid range to set up a normal cruise heading change, maybe a 20 deg bank so at about 10 deg before desired heading I look down again to click on the hot spot that centers the turn knob.  Not much looking away from the instrument scan is required, until maybe a little fidgeting to get the heading just right.  No need to be looking at the knob during the turn.


Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, downscc said:

I only look down at the turn knob to start the turn then I look back to the windscreen/panel pilot view.  I usually set the turn knob to a mid range to set up a normal cruise heading change, maybe a 20 deg bank so at about 10 deg before desired heading I look down again to click on the hot spot that centers the turn knob.  Not much looking away from the instrument scan is required, until maybe a little fidgeting to get the heading just right.  No need to be looking at the knob during the turn.

Yes, I already do it the same way!

Thank you 


Klaus Schmitzer

5Cr0uqg.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    21%
    $5,465.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...