Sign in to follow this  
Mallard

Bray Air Show 2017

Thanks for the photos, Mallard! Brings back some memories. I went to the Bray Air Show back in 2008, when I was living in Dublin. Seems like the event has gotten bigger, with all the jets and warbirds. Would have loved to see the Viggen and Catalina myself. Looks like a great event!

I have a few photos from the 2008 show over here: Bray Air Show 2008

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the comment - and the link to your pictures.

Yes, the Bray Air Show seems to be getting bigger and bigger. And the range of planes are quite something... I usually am down on the beach at the end of Quinns Road in Shankill, because it's less crowded than Bray itself, and most of the planes come up that way anyway before or during manouvres.

Here are some pics from last year ;)

https://c.gmx.net/@334598694001181103/7ijIkfbBQ_-aPahyKq9W5A

Cheers

Mallard

• Upvote 1

Really enjoyed the photos. Thanks for posting them. Bray is a favorite spot of mine and holds a lot of fond childhood memories (the usual Bray Rock Bars, 99s, and the ghost train at the old Dawson's amusement arcade :happy:). I'm living abroad now and haven't been back while the airshow has been on but would love to be there for it one year. Thanks again.

Bumping up the post, a lot of good pictures here.  I used to go to the Copperstate Airshow, might go again this October, it's a nice airshow out in the Arizona desert near Casa Grande.  Lots of good pilots to talk to, lots of good aircraft to look at like the L-39.  We also have the air museum in Tucson, well worth a visit, there are youtube videos online.

John