Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Blinking Cursor of Death

Hey!

I just tried the first flight with the DC6. as i started the AFE i noticed a huge FPS drop. My Cursor started blinking when I hover over the clickspots in the VC. I know this problem from a time ago and the solution was to disable the Show cockpit ToolTips checkbox. But this didnt helped.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Are You sure the FPS drops ?

I have the same, but FPS are ok, but P3D starts to stutter when AFE is On with a frequency of 5 times per second indicated by blinking mouse cursor when hovering over a VC clickspot.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

The FPS are dropping to around 8. Definitive performance drop there. - But I use FSX.

I also read (as I had the same problem a while ago) that undocking the 2D panels helps... but not in this case. I think this has to do with 2D panels that are not fitting the size of the sim window or something (also, I read this a time ago).

Would be nice to have a solution for this, at this time I cant use the DC6... on the first day :-(

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Okay, it seems I solved it - more or less - by undocking the green message window when the AFE starts. I talk about the green bar which is showing the actual state of the AFE. I undocked it and moved it to my second monitor and the flickering is gone, also the FPS are back to normal!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Rhinozherous said:

Okay, it seems I solved it - more or less - by undocking the green message window when the AFE starts. I talk about the green bar which is showing the actual state of the AFE. I undocked it and moved it to my second monitor and the flickering is gone, also the FPS are back to normal!

Hmm - worth trying - could relate to that - thx for the hint.

*** EDIT ***

I tried both undock the message window as well as selecting "Notifications hidden". Both ways removed the stutterering.

I actually think I can live without those notofications - but still hope PMDG will look into this.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Better not use the AFE, learn the procedures and you dont need the AFE...I only use the AFE to park the plane.

15 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

Would you be able to test something for me?

Go into the options panel (the gear icon in the panel selector - if the panel selector goes missing, hit SHIFT+2 to bring it up), and enable the option for Notifications Hidden. Does this stop the frame drop?

Also: what are your comp's specs?

Kyle Rodgers

19 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Would you be able to test something for me?

Go into the options panel (the gear icon in the panel selector - if the panel selector goes missing, hit SHIFT+2 to bring it up), and enable the option for Notifications Hidden. Does this stop the frame drop?

Also: what are your comp's specs?

I already tried deactivating the Notifications, no success. The only thing that works so far is undocking the green bar... but I can live with that.

Comp Specs:

AMD FX-6300 - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 16GB RAM

Using Active sky, FTX global and vector, Steves DX10 Fixer, FSUIPC Registered (autosave and such things deactivated)

And I use a tool for having full window without borders... didnt know anymore the name. I push CTRL+Enter to go to full screen. But porblem also appeared in window mode.

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

12 minutes ago, Rhinozherous said:

Steves DX10 Fixer

Try disabling DX10 temporarily. Report back.

13 minutes ago, Rhinozherous said:

And I use a tool for having full window without borders...

This may also be the problem.

Keep in mind that when you use tools that affect how the simulator behaves at its core, it may cause all kinds of weird issues when devs try to program for the average sim.

Kyle Rodgers