Sign in to follow this  
por930

P3Dv4 AI Traffic with WOAI Manual install

I can use MT6 etc in my P3dV4 machine, like I have in my FSX and FSX-SE machines, BUT...want to have a go at installing some of the great AI packages such as WOAI and AIG in my P3Dv4 machine, which at present is a blank canvas. 

Because I have no AI aircraft models set up yet, and not really sure how get the AIFP/AIG install working just now, I am going to use the WOAI installer, which seems a one stop shop method. So far, I have managed, with some help from AIG to use the WOAI installer(in manual mode) to create a flight plan into a folder, with the file called, Tigerair Australia. Now this has two folders and 3 files:

aircraft > WoA_FAIB_FS9_A320_IAE> with 1 x model and 2 x textures and Aircraft.cfg and FAIB_320.air

scenery > world > scenery > Traffic etc.BGL

Avsim.diz

WOA readme (which told me to seek further help is needed) Would have been nice with a detailed how-to-do-script

WOAI.cfg

Does the aircraft folder and contents go in the P3D\Simobjects\Airplanes folder

Does the scenery folder go into the P3D\Scenery\World\scenery folder

avsim.diz where to?

WOAI.cfg  where to?

Now I am going to be having hundreds of AI aircraft models. Is it possible/better to NOT clutter up the P3D simobjects folder and set up a different dir/folder just for AI. I recall looking at this a long time ago in FSX and had a simobjects\AI cfg notation to keep the AI away from flyable...

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Geoff Bryce

Guest JustanotherPilot

Geoff,

With the WOAI installer I just pointed the install FSX folder to the Prepar3Dv4 folder location and it installed everything where it should, the folder structure is mostly the same as FSX. I have noticed that some of the aircraft are taxiing with wheels up and some of the textures are black on some aircraft, otherwise it's acceptable. Don't forget to use the woai packages that have FSX compatible aircraft and not the old FS2004 versions. Avsim.diz is the file ID and doesn't install. the WOAI.cfg add the livery texture for each aircraft ie B767 might have Fedex, United textures the woai.cfg adds these to the aircraft cfg so that each livery is shown in the sim.

Hope this helps.

steve

54 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Geoff,

With the WOAI installer I just pointed the install FSX folder to the Prepar3Dv4 folder location and it installed everything where it should, the folder structure is mostly the same as FSX. I have noticed that some of the aircraft are taxiing with wheels up and some of the textures are black on some aircraft, otherwise it's acceptable. Don't forget to use the woai packages that have FSX compatible aircraft and not the old FS2004 versions. Avsim.diz is the file ID and doesn't install. the WOAI.cfg add the livery texture for each aircraft ie B767 might have Fedex, United textures the woai.cfg adds these to the aircraft cfg so that each livery is shown in the sim.

Hope this helps.

steve

Thanks for the reply Steve,

I will give that a go for at least the first flight plan to prove it works. if so, then I will look at setting up a new aircraft directory and experiment with this.

Regards

Geoff

Geoff Bryce

2 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Geoff,

Hope this helps.

steve

Hi Steve,

When I point the installer at my P3Dv4 dir, the flight plan gets dropped into the P3d folder, but nothing else.

Geoff Bryce

Guest JustanotherPilot
17 minutes ago, por930 said:

Hi Steve,

When I point the installer at my P3Dv4 dir, the flight plan gets dropped into the P3d folder, but nothing else.

Which flightplan is that? Are you installing the complete package  or only the aircraft, the package should install the flightplans into ..//scenery/world/scenery...if not just manually move to there.

Hi Steve,

The complete flight plan from the WOAI...in my case...F:\WOAI FLIGHT PLANS\woai_tigerairaustralia_v1.zip

When it installs to a folder, it is one title, with the bits inside. When I apply this to my P3d, it still is simply the main folder, not distributed.

Geoff Bryce

You mention that you have the model WoA_FAIB_FS9_A320_IAE. You want at least FSX AI models in P3d v4. One more big thing to keep in mind is that the WoAI installer even when used for FSX/P3d adds an FS9 formatted traffic.bgl which will conflict with FSX/P3d formatted traffic.bgl's.  These cause any FSX/P3d formatted traffic to not show up in the sim, the fix for that is to use AIFP to find and convert ANY and ALL FS9 traffic.bgls.

It sounds like a lot, but it's really almost easier to just get the models and paints yourself and then use AIFP to assign them to AIG plans. Certainly some work to building a good AI setup, but it is so worth it compared to the other payware options.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

6 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

You mention that you have the model WoA_FAIB_FS9_A320_IAE. You want at least FSX AI models in P3d v4. One more big thing to keep in mind is that the WoAI installer even when used for FSX/P3d adds an FS9 formatted traffic.bgl which will conflict with FSX/P3d formatted traffic.bgl's.  These cause any FSX/P3d formatted traffic to not show up in the sim, the fix for that is to use AIFP to find and convert ANY and ALL FS9 traffic.bgls.

It sounds like a lot, but it's really almost easier to just get the models and paints yourself and then use AIFP to assign them to AIG plans. Certainly some work to building a good AI setup, but it is so worth it compared to the other payware options.

Hi Dave,

Agree. It is for this reason I have not jumped head long into payware AI Traffic and get it "right" for me that is. While MT6 will fill the airports with traffic very well, trying to schedule them or make corrections is beyond me. So, I figured while getting the AI working will take some effort, and a steep learning curve, in the end I get a better result. My added challenge is jumping straight into P3dV4 first up. And yes, I saw the complexities of mixing FS9 and FSX formatted traffic causing havoc.

It seems to get the AIFP working, I first need to download lots of base models and paints.  Also, AIFP have their P3Dv4 installer now....As I said on another forum, we need a "Dummies Guide to AI Traffic" book targeting FSX and P3D.

Geoff Bryce