Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Getting Persistent Pauses - With only some sceneries and after 15 minutes

I'm having some difficulties with pauses that only seem to be coming up when flying over the DD Washington X and was hoping to get some feedback to help me deal with them.  

I've been noticing after about 15 minutes of flying in this scenery area, I start to get 3-4 second pauses every 2-3 seconds.  The pauses seem to get progressively longer and and more frequent as I spend more time in the area.  Unfortunately, they have prevented me from completing a flight in to DCA to date.

Practically speaking, I know this is more likely related to settings than the scenery.  I am having a hard time tracking down settings that make a difference though and am only noticing this over Washington X right now.  

My simulator time for testing is not extensive, but I have not had similar issues at FSDT KCLT, FB KMSP, FSDT Hawaii (throughout the islands), or the New York area (FSDT/default city, no DD stuff up there).  I do fly almost exclusively in the PMDG NGX and utilize Orbx FTG/NA Land Class and AS2016 weather.  

I have tried reducing a handful of settings including VSycn (defualt on), LOD (defualt ultra), texture resolution (default 7 cm), AI traffic (default 50%), road traffic (default 45%).  Reducing any of these (by 1-2 notches) had no effect at all.  

Again, I understand this may be more settings related than scenery, but I thought I'd see if anyone here has any suggestions.  I was hoping it was something you've seen before and could direct me some appropriate settings that would actually affect this. 

Eric Szczesniak

Hello....  I am getting these pauses with Flightbeam KIAD and i just tested Denver also and soon as i get within say fifty miles the pauses begin. I just updated the addon setup from FSDT and that is when this behavior began.

I am not seeing many report this until now

oh stupid me i just flew aspen to DFW and forgot about problem now a slide show at dallas. My first flight to dallas not to be enjoyed

Thanks for posting

Steve

Fixed my situation by just reinstalling all airports right over the existing and they seem to work now now pauses..

Your air miles may vary

Steve