Sign in to follow this  
gaputz

New FS9 Scenery

We all know that the the number of FS9 commercial scenery developers is dwindling.  You can show your support for developers still doing FS9 airports by taking a good look at these recent airport releases:

TROPICALSIM - CURAÇAO 2017 TNCC FS2004

TROPICALSIM - ANTIGUA 2017 TAPA FS9

You will get a discount if you previously purchased the earlier version.

Greg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

A big Thank you Greg for this information and to TropicalSim for still supporting FS9.

What about pinning this thread as information channel about new commercial FS9 sceneries?

Regards, Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

All UK2000 Xtreme airports are FS9, until such time as the developer has completed all the main UK airports. Thereafter  development for FS9 will stop.

Rob Jones.

I bought the Antigua scenery, looks real good. I would of bought Curacao also but that showed up on Simmarket the day after I bought Antigua. So the Curacao scenery will have to wait.

8 hours ago, HaraldG said:

What about pinning this thread as information channel about new commercial FS9 sceneries?

Good Idea Harald.  I think a pinned thread would be useful for us to share information about noteworthy new scenery, whether it be by commercial developers or items posted to the library.  I don't know how this sort of thing happens though.

Greg 

2 hours ago, gaputz said:

I don't know how this sort of thing happens though.

So we pollitely ask a moderator for pinning the thread.

Many thanks!

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I will pin this but please be aware of our non-advertising policy in the AVSIM Terms of Service.  No direct and live link to the stores.  Thanks for your cooperation.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Harald, I had a look at the Mestia scenery, and it's ok I guess. Could use some ground polygons and custom runway textures though.

All the textures are without mipmaps, this was quickly fixed though as there were not that many files. Scenery textures NEED mipmaps, don't forget that.

Also most of them could be in dxt1 format as the alpha channel is 100% opaque. Some had grayscale alpha channels so they should be kept as dxt3.

Hi Peter, thanks for your post. I plan to add either some ground polygon or photoscenery later, when my real world obligations let me time for it.

Regarding mipmaps, at my system, I have problems with blurred textures if scenery textures have mipmaps. So I always use scenery textures without mipmaps and all textures are clear. I have no idea why my system acts this way.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Yes, that's strange. What are your filtering and MIP Mapping Quality settings? Make sure they are Trilinar and 4. Above 4 ususally causes shimmering (not blurries though, hmmm).

Also check your anisotropic filtering settings, if you use Nvidia, then (in inspector) it should be set to User-Controlled and 16x. Negative LOD bias set to "Clamp".

The problem without mipmaps is the horrible shimmering, looks like the textures are alive and pixels are crawling. That's because the rendering engine has to resize large textures smaller the further away they are, instead of switching to increasingly lower resolution versions (mipmaps). Textures that are always viewed from close up and at the same distance, like the cockpit textures, thus don't need mipmaps.

Good luck with the ground textures for the airport!

I have a AMD card, perhaps this is already the answer... Have to find the settings in the AMD configuration environment and will try, though... However, I can't say that I have a problem with shimmering textures generally.

Thanks again!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Could be that AMD cards do the resizing of textures differently. You might try setting the MIP Mapping Quality to max (8) as I recall setting it to 4 only applied to nVidia cards,but that was a long time ago.