Sign in to follow this  
gaputz

New FS9 Scenery

On 27.11.2017 at 4:28 PM, gaputz said:

AFLOSIM has released two Bucharest Romania airports, LROP and LRCL

I did so. These are quite good sceneries! I especially like LRCL - a nice regional airport with rural flair.

Thanks Greg for your reminder!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

6 hours ago, HaraldG said:

I did so. These are quite good sceneries! I especially like LRCL - a nice regional airport with rural flair.

Thanks Greg for your reminder!

My mistake, LRCL is not Bucharest but I agree it is a nice scenery.  Maybe the better of the pair.  There is a very decent freeware LROP by the Romania Scenery Design Team put out in 2009 but this new scenery by AFLOSIM is better.  However, I am not too fussy about the grass (especially in the winter) and the military side of the airport is very poorly rendered, which is not good if you are like me and have military traffic in your sim.  At least RSDT did a rudimentary job of modelling that portion of the airport.  Just when I thought we wouldn't see any more payware FS9 airports along comes AFLOSIM.  For that reason alone I am grateful that AFLOSIM produced these two airports and we get a  bonus of getting both in one package, which is not the case for FSX. 

Greg 

On 29/11/2017 at 0:03 AM, gaputz said:

the military side of the airport is very poorly rendered, which is not good if you are like me and have military traffic in your sim. 

I asked the developer if he would mind enhancing the military side of the airport for his his otherwise very nice scenery.  I am happy to report that he said he would look at it and possibly add some other things as well.  Very nice.

A new FS9 scenery from Malaysian Flight Simulator Group:

MFSG - KUCHING INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WBGG 2018. 

A freeware "lite" version is available with these features listed in the readme:

-Photoscenery Groundpoly WBGG airport area
-STRM (terrain mesh)
-LESS 3D building in Kuching International Airport
-NO Kuching Photoscenery Terrain 
-NO Edge Light
-NO Static Vehicle
-NO Trees
-NO Spotlight Pole

Happy New Year, 

Greg

Happy new year to all...

... and thanks Greg for your finding.

As Kuching is far away from my usual flight routes, I choose the light version, indeed. It looks a little "empty". But does anybody have the payware version? Is it worth buying it?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald, I bought this airport and my assessment is that at half the price of airports by the leading developers you are getting what you pay for at 12 Euros.  Not a bad scenery and I am happy to support this team from Malaysia.  I was in touch with the developer because I thought I was missing some 3D models along the airport perimeter.  I got a very speedy response to say I wasn't but a very nice thank you for supporting their team by buying their first payware.  I was also informed that we will see more FS9 airports from this group in the future and their next release is RJCK Kushiro Airport.

Greg    

Greg, many thanks for your assessment! I will check my next month's flight simulator software budget...

Best regards, Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

On 1/8/2018 at 8:30 AM, gaputz said:

I was also informed that we will see more FS9 airports from this group in the future and their next release is RJCK Kushiro Airport.

Greg    

MFSG RJCK KUSHIRO 2018 for FS2004 has been released.

• Upvote 2

On 29/01/2018 at 11:53 AM, gaputz said:

MFSG RJCK KUSHIRO 2018 for FS2004 has been released.

I can report that this is a quality scenery that I would recommend to anyone who wants a nice addition to their collection of add on Japanese airports.  Each MFSG airport improves on the last so I am looking forward to the next airport.  There was one problem with the scenery.  The texture for the taxi and apron edge lights was missing.  I contacted MFSG and had a response with the missing texture within 12 hours. I am impressed with the quick response time for support.

By the way, the developer told me his next project will be another Malaysian airport (WMKA), to be followed by a second Japanese scenery (RJAN).  It is very nice to have a developer still committed to FS2004.    

Greg

• Upvote 1

Another new FS2004 airport scenery from MFSG:  WMKA SULTAN ABDUL HALIM AIRPORT 2018.  

Greg

• Upvote 1

Seems there is still hope for a FS2004 version of the upcoming A_A Scenery ZBAA Beijing airport.  "A_A Sceneries: FSX first then P3Dv3 and v4 then #probably FS9."   If you are a member of Facebook and would like to see this airport on our favourite sim perhaps consider joining the conversation on the A_A Facebook page

Greg

5 hours ago, gaputz said:

Seems there is still hope for a FS2004 version of the upcoming A_A Scenery ZBAA Beijing airport.  "A_A Sceneries: FSX first then P3Dv3 and v4 then #probably FS9."   If you are a member of Facebook and would like to see this airport on our favourite sim perhaps consider joining the conversation on the A_A Facebook page

Greg

Thank you for the HU Greg. FS niners get on that FB page and make your presence felt. We defo need ZBAA!

No facebook member... What could I do?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg