Sign in to follow this  
gaputz

New FS9 Scenery

MFSG (Malaysian Flight Simulator Group) continues to produce FS2004 airports.  Here is a list of the most recent airports. 

• OSHIMA AIRPORT  RJTO 2019 -  Island of Izu Oshima, Tokyo, Japan
  • AQABA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OJAQ 2018 - King Hussein International Airport, Aqaba, Jordan

The developer, Syamsani Shamsuri, plans for one airport a month in 2019 so a lot more to come.

Greg

ZBAA by A_A Sceneries is a very impressive piece of work.  Highly recommended.

One small issue to report.  The night texture of the Air China static 744 is misnamed so the model shows up without textures in the sim.  Simple fix by adding a space to file name so it matches the day texture.

This is a superb scenery that should be supported by the FS9 community.

Greg 

MFSG has been busy over the last few months and has a number of FS9 airports on offer.  Two more Japanese airports, RJTO Osima and RJTF Chofu.  Both of these airports came as part of the old Overland Japanese airport series but the MFSG versions bring them up to date and are, in my opinion, much superior to the Overland renditions, which were released about 15 years ago for both FS2002 and FS2004.  In recent months the developer has also produced an airport closer to home for him, WMSA Subang, which was the international airport for Kuala Lumpur until 1998. It is now a freight and regional hub. This is a nice scenery.  Most recently MFSG has produced OJAI Queen Alia airport, which is Jordan's main and largest airport.  I didn't purchase this one because I did pick up the ARMI Project Queen Alia airport in late 2017.  From the screen shots it looks like a toss up between the two offerings of this airport but I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has the MFSG version. 

I know that the developer has a full list of future releases in 2019.  Hopefully the FS9 community supports developer so that he continues to include FS9 versions of his airport projects, which are also for FSX and P3D.

Greg

3 hours ago, gaputz said:

ZBAA by A_A Sceneries is a very impressive piece of work.  Highly recommended.

One small issue to report.  The night texture of the Air China static 744 is misnamed so the model shows up without textures in the sim.  Simple fix by adding a space to file name so it matches the day texture.

This is a superb scenery that should be supported by the FS9 community.

Greg 

Thank you Greg. I also noticed missing alphas in about 20 textures. Easily fixed by DTXfixer. I also highly recommend this scenery.

I concur, great scenery. Any chance you could use your charm to try and get AES. Would make it an A+ then. Cheers.

14 hours ago, Flyboy49 said:

I concur, great scenery. Any chance you could use your charm to try and get AES. Would make it an A+ then. Cheers.

I had a little chat with Oliver (the sole AES developer) a few day agon. Somewhere in the future he will have a look at AES again. Maybe (just maybe) he will add some new addons, otherwise he will only update some existing AES airports and then abandon AES.

8 hours ago, N864DA said:

I had a little chat with Oliver (the sole AES developer) a few day agon. Somewhere in the future he will have a look at AES again. Maybe (just maybe) he will add some new addons, otherwise he will only update some existing AES airports and then abandon AES.

Pity.  AES really added to the immersion of my CYQR scenery, so I hoped the current project, CYWG, would be up to Oliver's standards.  I guess the pressure is on to get it finished before he closes up shop! 

Nicolas, thank you for that update.  I think many of us wondered about the status of AES. 

Greg

Had a look at the screenshots from your link to CYWG. Words fail me Greg, I'll just say that what you are doing is outstanding. Still outstanding seems inadequate. .

On 4/18/2019 at 8:07 AM, Flyboy49 said:

Had a look at the screenshots from your link to CYWG. Words fail me Greg, I'll just say that what you are doing is outstanding. Still outstanding seems inadequate. .

Thanks!  Unfortunately I've had a set back.  With the finish line in sight, my scenery development computer died on me earlier this week.  

On 4/25/2019 at 6:09 PM, gaputz said:

Thanks!  Unfortunately I've had a set back.  With the finish line in sight, my scenery development computer died on me earlier this week.  

word not allowed, I hope you had some backup files of your scenery,

On 4/27/2019 at 2:38 AM, N864DA said:

I hope you had some backup files of your scenery,

I did and hope to be back in business soon.

• Like 2

Hej to all of you fellow FS2004 users,

did you noticed, there is a new freeware scenery from UTAK Turkmenbashi on Avsimrus.com designed by a man named Jeni:  http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-sceneries-44/alfa-versiya-aeroporta-utak-g-turkmenbashi-krasnovodsk-turkmenistan-dlya-fs9-65054.html

Because of my bad english, may I present some pictures that I have made in my sim instead?

fsscr069stj23.jpg

fsscr0701bjpl.jpg

fsscr073rqk0q.jpg

fsscr072dhjn8.jpg

With many thanks to Jeni for his great work

Dedl

• Like 3