Sign in to follow this  
gaputz

New FS9 Scenery

19 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

Mestia sure does have a unique looking terminal.

I indeed had the impression that Georgia is a playground for foreign architects (Mestia terminal was planned by an architect from Berlin), who can't build their ideas in their homeland due to more provincial taste and/or stricter building regulations.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

There is a new scenery for Pulau Layang-Layang Airport on flightsim (the file name is z24e_pulau_layang_layang_2016.zip).

I have been having problems with this computer so I am not going to be doing anything flightsim wise until I get my new computer, so I did not install this scenery. But the 3 screenshots of the scenery looks pretty decent.

Thanks Joseph for your heads-up. There has been a Taiping scenery (wmbi_taiping_2017.zip) uploaded by the same author at the same website one day earlier. I didn't install it yet, too.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

3 hours ago, sascha said:

Flightsim today has a very nice new Malaysian airport: Tanjung Manis. Look and get here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=58408068#comments_start

Looks nice. Unfortunately I haven't been able to flightsim for about 2 weeks now. This computer is not working right and my new computer is not ready yet.

Another new airport, beautifully modelled and located:

Kapalua airport (ICAO: PHJH—IATA: JHM—FAA:JHM) on the west side of the Hawaiian island of Maui. It serves Lahaina, and the resort communities of Kaanapali, Napili-Honokowai and Kapalua. This scenery includes a detailed model of Kapalua airport, the rooftop Hyatt Regency Resort helipad, approximately 170 square kilometers of West Maui terrain including extensive autogen buildings and trees, as well as numerous models of real-world resorts and hotels on a 12 km strip along the coast of West Maui.

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=200926

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, sascha said:

Another new airport, beautifully modelled and located:

Kapalua airport (ICAO: PHJH—IATA: JHM—FAA:JHM) on the west side of the Hawaiian island of Maui. It serves Lahaina, and the resort communities of Kaanapali, Napili-Honokowai and Kapalua. This scenery includes a detailed model of Kapalua airport, the rooftop Hyatt Regency Resort helipad, approximately 170 square kilometers of West Maui terrain including extensive autogen buildings and trees, as well as numerous models of real-world resorts and hotels on a 12 km strip along the coast of West Maui.

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=200926

Oh, this is stunning, thank you Greg. Get this one folks. Awesome!

• Upvote 1

I add my enthusiastic endorsement to the above comments - this new PHJH scenery is really excellent. You will have to follow the instructions to turn off crash detection - sadly it is an issue that would involve a huge amount of work for him to fix. But it's a small price to pay for an amazing and truly unique freeware addon

BTW, I strongly recommend all of Greg's sceneries but especially his CYQR Regina package. I say "package" because it not only is an outstanding airport addon, but also includes the city and an AI package that includes many of the actual aircraft that fly out of that airport.

• Upvote 1

What a beautiful scenery, Greg. Many thanks!

I took the freedom to request AES support for this scenery. We'll see what happens...

And thanks Sascha for the info.

• Upvote 1

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thanks everyone for those kind words.  I really hope you enjoy the scenery.  And Harald, thanks for the AES request.  You did that for CYQR and it was a tremendous enhancement. I don't know if a small airport like this has ever received the AES treatment but it would be nice to get an aircraft ramp marshaller into the scenery.  I gave up trying to make one myself.   And, I want to publicly acknowledge Ian for test flying the airport for me before it was uploaded to the library.  Sorry I blew it with the crash boxes! 

Cheers,

Greg

• Upvote 1

Awesome scenery there Greg, every FS niner should go get it right away!

If you don't have Ultimate Terrain USA and your hawaii area is otherwise unmodified, you will have some default buildings in the water. The instructions mention this as well.

There is however a freeware fix to this too, just download and install the following: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=75408

It's low resolution Hawaii coastlines. Fixes the floating houses and looks much better than default.

@gaputz, I noticed two textures (PHJH-8-allpha.bmp and PHJH-9-al;pha.bmp), both 3MB and with those strange names. I guess these are not needed and are leftovers from the design process.

Also there were a few .txt and .xml files in the scenery folder, I guess these aren't needed as well.

Otherwise all was good and performance (fps) is great, thanks a lot!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, gaputz said:

Thanks everyone for those kind words.  I really hope you enjoy the scenery.  And Harald, thanks for the AES request.  You did that for CYQR and it was a tremendous enhancement. I don't know if a small airport like this has ever received the AES treatment but it would be nice to get an aircraft ramp marshaller into the scenery.  I gave up trying to make one myself.   And, I want to publicly acknowledge Ian for test flying the airport for me before it was uploaded to the library.  Sorry I blew it with the crash boxes! 

Cheers,

Greg

Great job! Thank you so much!

Terrific scenery, Greg.  Thanks for creating it, and your previous sceneries as well - all first-rate work.

John G.

18 hours ago, neumanix said:

Awesome scenery there Greg, every FS niner should go get it right away!

If you don't have Ultimate Terrain USA and your hawaii area is otherwise unmodified, you will have some default buildings in the water. The instructions mention this as well.

There is however a freeware fix to this too, just download and install the following: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=75408

It's low resolution Hawaii coastlines. Fixes the floating houses and looks much better than default.

@gaputz, I noticed two textures (PHJH-8-allpha.bmp and PHJH-9-al;pha.bmp), both 3MB and with those strange names. I guess these are not needed and are leftovers from the design process.

Also there were a few .txt and .xml files in the scenery folder, I guess these aren't needed as well.

Otherwise all was good and performance (fps) is great, thanks a lot!

Peter, thanks for your excellent feedback.  I think folks who do not have UT USA will really appreciate your pointer to the freeware fix for the poor default coastlines.   I wish I had known about that so I could have included it in the release notes.  As for the extraneous files; you are absolutely right.  All are leftovers from the development work.  Very sloppy on my part. Just goes to prove that no matter how thorough you think you are it is best to check, and then check again! 

Cheers

Greg